Rate my rig fools.

Zellio

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2006
The ddr 2 ram is gskill overclocking dual channel gamer ram. it's not the cheap stuff.

EDIT: Okay boys, when I made this topic some of you may think I did this just to stretch my e-penis.

Lets go back in history. When I got the core 2 duo, I got nothing but red lights and dots. Screen was shacking. Videos played in 2 colors. Returned video card, got new one, same thing. Tried both ocz 800 and the ocz 667 ram from pentium d, same problem. Was gonna give up, but finally got gskill ram, problems went away. Videos atill appeared in 2 colors until... updated windows media?

Now everything works *whew*... So you can imagine that I'm glad to have a working pc right?

There were a TON more problems but I wish to not get into it. It was the most problematic build I've ever had, and that includes builds that I've bled on.

Zellio

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2006
I got the parts slowly over time, most of them I didn't pay much for but I did pay alot for the core 2 duo parts.

It doesn't matter. I'd pay more :lol:

Zellio

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2006
BTW, nice rig for a nice price. I paid ALOT more then you...

But that's for all the latest stuff, the Hdds, g15, swing case, itrigues, etc, I've had for awhile and got them after rebate...

trixst4r

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
How many inches does that RAM add to your e-penis?

I was going to say that 8) . He bought "gamer ram" but his comp has a crappy OC and would work fine with crap value ram at 667mhz.

I mean, what idiot would put "photo printer/scanner" on their signature? Wait I know, an e-thug.

And on the other thread when he was asking neo? That was his e-thug insult to a no name power supply but he made a fool out of himself there because its an antec neo and one of the best there is.

Aids

Distinguished
May 16, 2004
Who cares what he has in his sig? We dont sign up to these forums to insult people when they are trying to get help/be friendly.

Zellio

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2006
e-thug? bad overclock? I just add everything that goes with my system that I can. If that's being a thug, then I guess I'm kicking your ass :roll:

And bad overclock? I've really only messed with the overclock on my Pentium D, which is to get it to 3.5... I've had problems with the allendale, and getting it to 2.6 is good for me.

As soon as I really mess with the vcore and the timings I'll get good timings on my allendale.

Just to edit and clarify, I only said that because it was a question in to how good the pwer supply WAS. Power supplies that are cheap are known to kill pcs. Considering I use 3 antecs in 3 of my pcs, you can imagine how I feel about them...

Zellio

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2006
"Then it's you who's the fool, oh and I would'nt cross the road to piss on you or your rig if you were on fire"

What is this? Fucking jealousy?

Some of you have even better rigs then me so I don't get this reponse. That's why I put this here. Why act like this?

It's OBVIOUS that his pc costs way less then mine. The fact that he got such a great pc for such a great price was a bargain.

:roll: In case you can't tell I was being nice. I would LOVE to have paid that much, or a fraction of that price, for my pc.

Zellio

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2006
The thing is, i'm completely new at this overclocking, don't really want to burn anything out, so I'm taking it slow. I've got it up to 2.6, I'll take it to 3.0 next.

I've had good pcs, but never really overclocked them before.

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
The thing is, i'm completely new at this overclocking, don't really want to burn anything out, so I'm taking it slow. I've got it up to 2.6, I'll take it to 3.0 next.

Jumping from 2.6 to 3 is not "taking it slow". You might want to do some reading up on the topic.

I've had good pcs, but never really overclocked them before.

What about the Pentium D you mentioned OC'ing to, what was it, 3.6?

Here's a clue from Clueless: asking people to rate your rig while calling them fools is probably not the best way to get them to give you a nice pat on the back.

Sean618

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2006
Here's a clue from Clueless: asking people to rate your rig while calling them fools is probably not the best way to get them to give you a nice pat on the back.

Hey, I would certainly do it, gets you a hell of a lot more views and replies. However I doubt that was your intention Zellio, so why did you do it? I very much doubt that your an e-thug :lol:

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006

Hey, I would certainly do it, gets you a hell of a lot more views and replies. However I doubt that was your intention Zellio, so why did you do it? I very much doubt that your an e-thug :lol:

I never understood the motivation behind "rate my rig" requests in the first place. Asking for advice on a proposed spec is a totally different matter, as is showing off a creative mod. But if all you do is pull stuff off of a store shelf and assemble the parts, I don't see what the big deal is. I can understand someone being happy with their PC, or being proud that they built it themselves and that it works, but the "rate" angle never meant much to me.

Sean618

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2006
Yeah, I agree. There really isn't much point in asking for people to 'rate' it as it accomplishes nothing, if someone finds a fault before you have built it then that's great but after you have built it it will just make you feel annoyed.

Doughbuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
All right, I'll rate your rig...

With a -10 being a Mac, and a +10 being the Blue Gene Supercomputer...

I'll give you a -6

Unless you can pass the 1 Teraflop mark, your not going into the positives.

shadowduck

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006

I'll give you a -6

Hey come now.. Macs should at least get a -2 now because they can run Windows, let's be fair here!

lol.

Howard_Stern

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006

I'll give you a -6

Hey come now.. Macs should at least get a -2 now because they can run Windows, let's be fair here!

lol.

Please refrain from writing bad things about Macs. Why can't we all just get along???

By the way, I'm being sarcastic...LOL

Regards,
Howard

shadowduck

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006

I'll give you a -6

lol.

Please refrain from writing bad things about Macs. Why can't we all just get along???

By the way, I'm being sarcastic...LOL

Regards,
Howard

I am a long time Mac user.. so :p

Doughbuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
I've always hated Macs, but at least I used to respect them. When they were using PowerPC, they were trying to be different... but now... they're just a freaking system builder with their own OS... Anyone can build a Mac now... why don't I buy a Dell and install the leopord OS on it... Total sellouts...

angry_ducky

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006

I'll give you a -6

lol.

And, before, they got a 10 because they DIDN'T have Windows on them. IMO, OSX is far superior to Windows; it comes with iLife, and you don't have to worry about viruses. You pay more to not have Windows on your PC.

However, if you're going to buy a Mac, install XP, and forget about OSX, then you should just save your money and get a PC.

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
However, if you're going to buy a Mac, install XP, and forget about OSX, then you should just save your money and get a PC.

Yea, running XP on a Mac is like having sex with your own mom.

(Sure, you can do it but why the fock would you want to?)