Tags:
  • Wireless
  • Dell Studio Xps
  • Laptops
  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
November 20, 2005 10:46:43 PM

I plan on purchasing a DELL XPS M140.

It says it has an Express Card Slot. Does this mean it's for PCMCIA? I tried searchin around on the Dell Forums and a few other people asked this question but got no answers. I even looked on newegg at other cards to see if the reviews said they used with a xps system but no luck

Also.

Im looking for a Card that allows you to attach a antenna onto it. Alot of websites i read recommend this. Orinoco GOLD card.

I can't really find a normal retailer to order from. Im basically looking for something nice on newegg, that i can attach an Antenna 2 and also price isn't an option.

More about : wireless card laptop

November 22, 2005 6:03:06 PM

http://www.expresscard.org/web/site/qa.jsp

As to the antenna question. It doesn't say but I assume the slot will be internal and should have it's own antenna. As an internal part trying to get an external antenna on it would be pretty tacky, if possible. [/url]
November 24, 2005 2:48:57 PM

ok.

well the Orinoco GOLD card everyone is talking about is a PCMCIA card and has an input to hook up a pigtail connection for an extended omni directional antenna.

I was just wondering on any other models that allow this. cause this card is rather expensive and i don't like using ebay.
!