Cpu Fan Blocked

aequalsb

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
Cpu Fan blocked and it got up to 95C. It turns on but then i do something that makes the 1.5v up to 2.18v or so and the cup fan shuts off. What do you think that? If the Processor was broken would it do that or not work at all?

Maybe the MOBO?

Anybody ever do this before?

I can't really understand what you are saying in your post but have you tried checking the BIOS to see at what voltage the fan shuts of at and at what tempreture?
If your fan is blocked remove any obstructions (cables, dust, whatever). i'm not sure if this might work but anythings worth a try but remove and remount the HSF or unpug and replug the fan connection.

aequalsb

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
cpucool2.gif

I was moving my mobo to another case that has better cooling and there was a cord blocking the fan from running when i had it put back together. I had the computer on for about 5 mins and i decided to check the temp. It was readint 95/1??. I shut it down immediately and restarted it. Now the number that says VCoreA 1.280 goes up to 2.1 or something. It seems to only do it when i try to run the program Everest Home Edition. Could reading motherboard sensors cause that number VCoreA to jump to almost double?

SidVicious

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2002
It is quite common for monitoring apps to interfere with one another, the sudden Vcore spike you saw in PC Health while launching/running Everest is a software fluke, don't worry.

aequalsb

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
Thanks SidVicious. I've got the warning beep enabled if something else goes wrong again.

So far so good. Whew. I thought i'd have to go get another Processor or MOBO.