Epson wearing out?

I started getting an error message from the Status Monitor when printing on
my Epson 2200: "Parts inside your printer are near the end of their service
life. Contact your dealer for replacement. Still prints.

Are parts actually wearing out, or is this just a message that automaticlly
comes on after a certain amount of printing? Which parts? I've printed
over 550 square feet of Premium Glossy paper in the year that I've owned it.
Is it user-serviceable? I live in the sticks, so I expect I'd have to mail
it to an authorized service tech. Would they even touch it, given that I
don't use Epson inks?

--
- Alan Justice
1 answer Last reply

    Your waste ink pads protection number has been reached. If you email me
    privately I will send you information on how to reset this number and
    the considerations in doing so. Please mention the model number, etc.

    Art

    Alan Justice wrote:

    > I started getting an error message from the Status Monitor when printing on
    > my Epson 2200: "Parts inside your printer are near the end of their service
    > life. Contact your dealer for replacement. Still prints.
    >
    > Are parts actually wearing out, or is this just a message that automaticlly
    > comes on after a certain amount of printing? Which parts? I've printed
    > over 550 square feet of Premium Glossy paper in the year that I've owned it.
    > Is it user-serviceable? I live in the sticks, so I expect I'd have to mail
    > it to an authorized service tech. Would they even touch it, given that I
    > don't use Epson inks?
    >
    > --
    > - Alan Justice

Printers Epson Error Message Peripherals