Hi, I searched on ald messages in this newsgroup and on Google before
asking...

How do I search all files that are Word document, and in the filename have
the word "Income" AND Also the word "North"??

I'm pretty sure that in the search box I entered "Income North doc"... But
now (Windows XP SP2) it searched for ANY of these 3 words in the filename...
instead al ALL (Thats, now it uses [OR], and I want [And])

Thanls!!!

Hi, Andrew.

Have you tried one of the several newsgroups that concentrate on Microsoft
Word? You might start with this one:

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Andrew Ofthesong" <andres@ofthesong.net> wrote in message
> Hi, I searched on ald messages in this newsgroup and on Google before
> asking...
>
> How do I search all files that are Word document, and in the filename have
> the word "Income" AND Also the word "North"??
>
> I'm pretty sure that in the search box I entered "Income North doc"... But
> now (Windows XP SP2) it searched for ANY of these 3 words in the
> filename... instead al ALL (Thats, now it uses [OR], and I want [And])
>
> Thanls!!!

Thanks RC... But perhaps I explained bad...

It is NOT a Word issue....

It's a Windows search Issue...

I guess you read hundreds of messages per day...

I repeat: How do I search for all files that have the "hello" in it's
filename, and also have the words "friend", or thee word "family".

i.e: How do I use this criteria:
([Filename] like '*hello*' and [Filename] like '*friend*') or ([Filename]
like '*hello*' and [Filename] like '*family*')

"R. C. White" <rc@corridor.net> escribió en el mensaje
> Hi, Andrew.
>
> Have you tried one of the several newsgroups that concentrate on Microsoft
> Word? You might start with this one:
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> rc@corridor.net
> Microsoft Windows MVP
>
> "Andrew Ofthesong" <andres@ofthesong.net> wrote in message
>> Hi, I searched on ald messages in this newsgroup and on Google before
>> asking...
>>
>> How do I search all files that are Word document, and in the filename
>> have the word "Income" AND Also the word "North"??
>>
>> I'm pretty sure that in the search box I entered "Income North doc"...
>> But now (Windows XP SP2) it searched for ANY of these 3 words in the
>> filename... instead al ALL (Thats, now it uses [OR], and I want [And])
>>
>> Thanls!!!

Unknown

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2002

Try searching for 'hello,friend,family' without the quotes.
"Andrew Ofthesong" <andrew@ofthesong.net> wrote in message
> Thanks RC... But perhaps I explained bad...
>
> It is NOT a Word issue....
>
> It's a Windows search Issue...
>
> I guess you read hundreds of messages per day...
>
> I repeat: How do I search for all files that have the "hello" in it's
> filename, and also have the words "friend", or thee word "family".
>
> i.e: How do I use this criteria:
> ([Filename] like '*hello*' and [Filename] like '*friend*') or ([Filename]
> like '*hello*' and [Filename] like '*family*')
>
> "R. C. White" <rc@corridor.net> escribió en el mensaje
>> Hi, Andrew.
>>
>> Have you tried one of the several newsgroups that concentrate on Microsoft
>> Word? You might start with this one:
>>
>> RC
>> --
>> R. C. White, CPA
>> San Marcos, TX
>> rc@corridor.net
>> Microsoft Windows MVP
>>
>> "Andrew Ofthesong" <andres@ofthesong.net> wrote in message
>>> Hi, I searched on ald messages in this newsgroup and on Google before
>>> asking...
>>>
>>> How do I search all files that are Word document, and in the filename have
>>> the word "Income" AND Also the word "North"??
>>>
>>> I'm pretty sure that in the search box I entered "Income North doc"... But
>>> now (Windows XP SP2) it searched for ANY of these 3 words in the
>>> filename... instead al ALL (Thats, now it uses [OR], and I want [And])
>>>
>>> Thanls!!!

Documents with any of a set of extensions {prop name=filename} {regex}*.|(exe|,dll|,sys|){/regex}{/prop} #filename *.|(exe|,dll|,sys|) Files with .exe, .dll, or .sys extensions

http://www.uscricket.com
"Andrew Ofthesong" <andrew@ofthesong.net> wrote in message news:OjyeJCw0EHA.3120@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Thanks RC... But perhaps I explained bad...
>
> It is NOT a Word issue....
>
> It's a Windows search Issue...
>
> I guess you read hundreds of messages per day...
>
> I repeat: How do I search for all files that have the "hello" in it's
> filename, and also have the words "friend", or thee word "family".
>
> i.e: How do I use this criteria:
> ([Filename] like '*hello*' and [Filename] like '*friend*') or ([Filename]
> like '*hello*' and [Filename] like '*family*')
>
> "R. C. White" <rc@corridor.net> escribió en el mensaje
>> Hi, Andrew.
>>
>> Have you tried one of the several newsgroups that concentrate on Microsoft
>> Word? You might start with this one:
>>
>> RC
>> --
>> R. C. White, CPA
>> San Marcos, TX
>> rc@corridor.net
>> Microsoft Windows MVP
>>
>> "Andrew Ofthesong" <andres@ofthesong.net> wrote in message
>>> Hi, I searched on ald messages in this newsgroup and on Google before
>>> asking...
>>>
>>> How do I search all files that are Word document, and in the filename
>>> have the word "Income" AND Also the word "North"??
>>>
>>> I'm pretty sure that in the search box I entered "Income North doc"...
>>> But now (Windows XP SP2) it searched for ANY of these 3 words in the
>>> filename... instead al ALL (Thats, now it uses [OR], and I want [And])
>>>
>>> Thanls!!!

¿hum?

"David Candy" <.> escribió en el mensaje
Documents with any of a set of extensions {prop name=filename}
{regex}*.|(exe|,dll|,sys|){/regex}{/prop} #filename *.|(exe|,dll|,sys|)
Files with .exe, .dll, or .sys extensions

http://www.uscricket.com
"Andrew Ofthesong" <andrew@ofthesong.net> wrote in message
> Thanks RC... But perhaps I explained bad...
>
> It is NOT a Word issue....
>
> It's a Windows search Issue...
>
> I guess you read hundreds of messages per day...
>
> I repeat: How do I search for all files that have the "hello" in it's
> filename, and also have the words "friend", or thee word "family".
>
> i.e: How do I use this criteria:
> ([Filename] like '*hello*' and [Filename] like '*friend*') or ([Filename]
> like '*hello*' and [Filename] like '*family*')
>
> "R. C. White" <rc@corridor.net> escribió en el mensaje
>> Hi, Andrew.
>>
>> Have you tried one of the several newsgroups that concentrate on
>> Microsoft
>> Word? You might start with this one:
>>
>> RC
>> --
>> R. C. White, CPA
>> San Marcos, TX
>> rc@corridor.net
>> Microsoft Windows MVP
>>
>> "Andrew Ofthesong" <andres@ofthesong.net> wrote in message
>>> Hi, I searched on ald messages in this newsgroup and on Google before
>>> asking...
>>>
>>> How do I search all files that are Word document, and in the filename
>>> have the word "Income" AND Also the word "North"??
>>>
>>> I'm pretty sure that in the search box I entered "Income North doc"...
>>> But now (Windows XP SP2) it searched for ANY of these 3 words in the
>>> filename... instead al ALL (Thats, now it uses [OR], and I want [And])
>>>
>>> Thanls!!!

Nope... the coma is assumed as a "OR"