Search Advanced Feature

Hi, I searched on ald messages in this newsgroup and on Google before
asking...

How do I search all files that are Word document, and in the filename have
the word "Income" AND Also the word "North"??

I'm pretty sure that in the search box I entered "Income North doc"... But
now (Windows XP SP2) it searched for ANY of these 3 words in the filename...
instead al ALL (Thats, now it uses [OR], and I want [And])

Thanls!!!
6 answers Last reply
More about search advanced feature

    Hi, Andrew.

    Have you tried one of the several newsgroups that concentrate on Microsoft
    Word? You might start with this one:

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    "Andrew Ofthesong" <andres@ofthesong.net> wrote in message
    > Hi, I searched on ald messages in this newsgroup and on Google before
    > asking...
    >
    > How do I search all files that are Word document, and in the filename have
    > the word "Income" AND Also the word "North"??
    >
    > I'm pretty sure that in the search box I entered "Income North doc"... But
    > now (Windows XP SP2) it searched for ANY of these 3 words in the
    > filename... instead al ALL (Thats, now it uses [OR], and I want [And])
    >
    > Thanls!!!

    Thanks RC... But perhaps I explained bad...

    It is NOT a Word issue....

    It's a Windows search Issue...

    I guess you read hundreds of messages per day...

    I repeat: How do I search for all files that have the "hello" in it's
    filename, and also have the words "friend", or thee word "family".

    i.e: How do I use this criteria:
    ([Filename] like '*hello*' and [Filename] like '*friend*') or ([Filename]
    like '*hello*' and [Filename] like '*family*')

    "R. C. White" <rc@corridor.net> escribió en el mensaje
    > Hi, Andrew.
    >
    > Have you tried one of the several newsgroups that concentrate on Microsoft
    > Word? You might start with this one:
    >
    > RC
    > --
    > R. C. White, CPA
    > San Marcos, TX
    > rc@corridor.net
    > Microsoft Windows MVP
    >
    > "Andrew Ofthesong" <andres@ofthesong.net> wrote in message
    >> Hi, I searched on ald messages in this newsgroup and on Google before
    >> asking...
    >>
    >> How do I search all files that are Word document, and in the filename
    >> have the word "Income" AND Also the word "North"??
    >>
    >> I'm pretty sure that in the search box I entered "Income North doc"...
    >> But now (Windows XP SP2) it searched for ANY of these 3 words in the
    >> filename... instead al ALL (Thats, now it uses [OR], and I want [And])
    >>
    >> Thanls!!!

    Try searching for 'hello,friend,family' without the quotes.
    "Andrew Ofthesong" <andrew@ofthesong.net> wrote in message
    > Thanks RC... But perhaps I explained bad...
    >
    > It is NOT a Word issue....
    >
    > It's a Windows search Issue...
    >
    > I guess you read hundreds of messages per day...
    >
    > I repeat: How do I search for all files that have the "hello" in it's
    > filename, and also have the words "friend", or thee word "family".
    >
    > i.e: How do I use this criteria:
    > ([Filename] like '*hello*' and [Filename] like '*friend*') or ([Filename]
    > like '*hello*' and [Filename] like '*family*')
    >
    > "R. C. White" <rc@corridor.net> escribió en el mensaje
    >> Hi, Andrew.
    >>
    >> Have you tried one of the several newsgroups that concentrate on Microsoft
    >> Word? You might start with this one:
    >>
    >> RC
    >> --
    >> R. C. White, CPA
    >> San Marcos, TX
    >> rc@corridor.net
    >> Microsoft Windows MVP
    >>
    >> "Andrew Ofthesong" <andres@ofthesong.net> wrote in message
    >>> Hi, I searched on ald messages in this newsgroup and on Google before
    >>> asking...
    >>>
    >>> How do I search all files that are Word document, and in the filename have
    >>> the word "Income" AND Also the word "North"??
    >>>
    >>> I'm pretty sure that in the search box I entered "Income North doc"... But
    >>> now (Windows XP SP2) it searched for ANY of these 3 words in the
    >>> filename... instead al ALL (Thats, now it uses [OR], and I want [And])
    >>>
    >>> Thanls!!!

    Documents with any of a set of extensions {prop name=filename} {regex}*.|(exe|,dll|,sys|){/regex}{/prop} #filename *.|(exe|,dll|,sys|) Files with .exe, .dll, or .sys extensions

    http://www.uscricket.com
    "Andrew Ofthesong" <andrew@ofthesong.net> wrote in message news:OjyeJCw0EHA.3120@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    > Thanks RC... But perhaps I explained bad...
    >
    > It is NOT a Word issue....
    >
    > It's a Windows search Issue...
    >
    > I guess you read hundreds of messages per day...
    >
    > I repeat: How do I search for all files that have the "hello" in it's
    > filename, and also have the words "friend", or thee word "family".
    >
    > i.e: How do I use this criteria:
    > ([Filename] like '*hello*' and [Filename] like '*friend*') or ([Filename]
    > like '*hello*' and [Filename] like '*family*')
    >
    > "R. C. White" <rc@corridor.net> escribió en el mensaje
    >> Hi, Andrew.
    >>
    >> Have you tried one of the several newsgroups that concentrate on Microsoft
    >> Word? You might start with this one:
    >>
    >> RC
    >> --
    >> R. C. White, CPA
    >> San Marcos, TX
    >> rc@corridor.net
    >> Microsoft Windows MVP
    >>
    >> "Andrew Ofthesong" <andres@ofthesong.net> wrote in message
    >>> Hi, I searched on ald messages in this newsgroup and on Google before
    >>> asking...
    >>>
    >>> How do I search all files that are Word document, and in the filename
    >>> have the word "Income" AND Also the word "North"??
    >>>
    >>> I'm pretty sure that in the search box I entered "Income North doc"...
    >>> But now (Windows XP SP2) it searched for ANY of these 3 words in the
    >>> filename... instead al ALL (Thats, now it uses [OR], and I want [And])
    >>>
    >>> Thanls!!!

    ¿hum?

    "David Candy" <.> escribió en el mensaje
    Documents with any of a set of extensions {prop name=filename}
    {regex}*.|(exe|,dll|,sys|){/regex}{/prop} #filename *.|(exe|,dll|,sys|)
    Files with .exe, .dll, or .sys extensions

    http://www.uscricket.com
    "Andrew Ofthesong" <andrew@ofthesong.net> wrote in message
    > Thanks RC... But perhaps I explained bad...
    >
    > It is NOT a Word issue....
    >
    > It's a Windows search Issue...
    >
    > I guess you read hundreds of messages per day...
    >
    > I repeat: How do I search for all files that have the "hello" in it's
    > filename, and also have the words "friend", or thee word "family".
    >
    > i.e: How do I use this criteria:
    > ([Filename] like '*hello*' and [Filename] like '*friend*') or ([Filename]
    > like '*hello*' and [Filename] like '*family*')
    >
    > "R. C. White" <rc@corridor.net> escribió en el mensaje
    >> Hi, Andrew.
    >>
    >> Have you tried one of the several newsgroups that concentrate on
    >> Microsoft
    >> Word? You might start with this one:
    >>
    >> RC
    >> --
    >> R. C. White, CPA
    >> San Marcos, TX
    >> rc@corridor.net
    >> Microsoft Windows MVP
    >>
    >> "Andrew Ofthesong" <andres@ofthesong.net> wrote in message
    >>> Hi, I searched on ald messages in this newsgroup and on Google before
    >>> asking...
    >>>
    >>> How do I search all files that are Word document, and in the filename
    >>> have the word "Income" AND Also the word "North"??
    >>>
    >>> I'm pretty sure that in the search box I entered "Income North doc"...
    >>> But now (Windows XP SP2) it searched for ANY of these 3 words in the
    >>> filename... instead al ALL (Thats, now it uses [OR], and I want [And])
    >>>
    >>> Thanls!!!

    Nope... the coma is assumed as a "OR"

    "Unknown" <Unknown@Somewhere.Kom> escribió en el mensaje
    > Try searching for 'hello,friend,family' without the quotes.
    > "Andrew Ofthesong" <andrew@ofthesong.net> wrote in message
    >> Thanks RC... But perhaps I explained bad...
    >>
    >> It is NOT a Word issue....
    >>
    >> It's a Windows search Issue...
    >>
    >> I guess you read hundreds of messages per day...
    >>
    >> I repeat: How do I search for all files that have the "hello" in it's
    >> filename, and also have the words "friend", or thee word "family".
    >>
    >> i.e: How do I use this criteria:
    >> ([Filename] like '*hello*' and [Filename] like '*friend*') or ([Filename]
    >> like '*hello*' and [Filename] like '*family*')
    >>
    >> "R. C. White" <rc@corridor.net> escribió en el mensaje
    >>> Hi, Andrew.
    >>>
    >>> Have you tried one of the several newsgroups that concentrate on
    >>> Microsoft Word? You might start with this one:
    >>>
    >>> RC
    >>> --
    >>> R. C. White, CPA
    >>> San Marcos, TX