Startup Problems

Upon power on my notebook I was given option to 1. Start Normally 2. Safe
Mode 3. Safe Mode with networking and 4. Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
Choosing 1. give me a blank screen.
Choosing 2 and 4 will display list of files name and stop at
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(0)\WINDOWS\System32\Driver\Mup.sys. Its hang
there.

Need help. Anyone experince this before? How to overcome that and still
preseveing all the data currently in the harddisk?
5 answers Last reply
More about startup problems

    A forum...
    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/Q_20584708.html

    --
    Mary Sauer MS MVP
    http://office.microsoft.com/
    "Huda" <Huda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Upon power on my notebook I was given option to 1. Start Normally 2. Safe
    > Mode 3. Safe Mode with networking and 4. Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
    > Choosing 1. give me a blank screen.
    > Choosing 2 and 4 will display list of files name and stop at
    > multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(0)\WINDOWS\System32\Driver\Mup.sys. Its hang
    > there.
    >
    > Need help. Anyone experince this before? How to overcome that and still
    > preseveing all the data currently in the harddisk?

    The solution does not fit to the problem I am having now.

    "Mary Sauer" wrote:

    > A forum...
    > http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/Q_20584708.html
    >
    > --
    > Mary Sauer MS MVP
    > http://office.microsoft.com/
    > http://www.msauer.mvps.org/
    > "Huda" <Huda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Upon power on my notebook I was given option to 1. Start Normally 2. Safe
    > > Mode 3. Safe Mode with networking and 4. Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
    > > Choosing 1. give me a blank screen.
    > > Choosing 2 and 4 will display list of files name and stop at
    > > multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(0)\WINDOWS\System32\Driver\Mup.sys. Its hang
    > > there.
    > >
    > > Need help. Anyone experince this before? How to overcome that and still
    > > preseveing all the data currently in the harddisk?

    Hi!

    Have been facing some relating problem and now trying to resolve it.

    Just one silly question on something striking on my eye, do you really have
    boot.ini definitions working also with partition(0)? Never yet seen other
    than partiton(1) or (2) and so on ...

    Best regards,

    Pete V.

    Hi!

    Have been facing some relating problem and checking it now.

    Just a silly question on something striking on my eye on your message. Do
    you really have boot.ini working with the definition partition(0)? Never
    seen other than partition(1) or (2) or so on ...

    Best regards,

    Pete V.

    "PeteV" <PeteV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi!
    >
    > Have been facing some relating problem and now trying to resolve it.
    >
    > Just one silly question on something striking on my eye, do you
    > really have boot.ini definitions working also with partition(0)?
    > Never yet seen other than partiton(1) or (2) and so on ...
    >

    > Best regards,
    >
    > Pete V.

    Nor have I.

    --