glockman

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2006
Hi, I am doing a server build and the chassis I have has two posts in bad
positions and two locations that need posts. I have extensively examined these and tried to 'gently' tap them out with a rubber mallet but I do not want to damage the chassis.

Is there a special tool to remove these? looking at them, they seem like they should be able to be removed and moved but they are in there pretty good and without knowing how this is done, damage is likely.

Thanks.

glockman

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2006
Thanks, I figured they were not meant to come out - kind of seems a little silly that they manufacture them like that but I thought someone might have come up with a solution. Have any suggestions for good manufacturers of quad processor type server cases? This one is an AIC, the HS SATA backplane seems a little cheap.

glockman

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2006
This is actually a server case, one that the board maker suggested (Tyan) it just doesn't seem like the quality is all that great. The chassis that Dell & HP and especially IBM use seem to be very well engineered with great fit and finish like a nice car - what is available from the likes of Tyan and Supermicro in their barebones models do not have great cases - they are very spartan and utilitarian.

TRENDING THREADS