FIRE MAN writes Customer Review...WARNING!

Pros: none...

Cons: Everything is bad. I put it into the slot started my PC and then my PC started on fire! there goes my 2,500 dollar PC.... More »

Other Thoughts: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT BUT THIS junk

Reviewed By: FIRE MAN, 9/5/2006 9:58:30 AM
This reviewer reports that his/her technical understanding of this type of product is somewhat high and has owned this product between 1 week to 1 month.
0 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? :lol:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/CustRatingReview.asp?Item=N82E16820231088

reaper

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2005
If you want to ask people for advise then please state clearly so. As for the reviewers, I know many people who buy stuffs online, especially from Newegg, are really stupid. They just have a really weird expectation about delivery speed, and products quality.

You can go visit resellerratings and see how stupid some people respond. For example, one lady order the item at 3pm on Friday, so her item arrive on Wednesday, and she said it took 5 days as contrast to Newegg statement (How dumber can that woman gets?).

Stranger, If you re-wire the black and red wires on the PSU, then hot glue the RAM into the PCI-E slot, while soddering the spliced red and black wires directly onto the ram (because they forgot to include a power connector, naturaly)... im sure that would catch fire.

sailer

Splendid
This reviewer reports that his/her technical understanding of this type of product is somewhat high and has owned this product between 1 week to 1 month.

Did the reviewer mean to say that he was somewhat high?

Honestly, how could ram set the computer on fire, unless he did something really weird with the wiring while he was working inside the case, like shorting the psu to something.

Straker

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006

Did the reviewer mean to say that he was somewhat high?

Honestly, how could ram set the computer on fire, unless he did something really weird with the wiring while he was working inside the case, like shorting the psu to something.

It must be a Dell computer.

nategarst

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
Stranger, If you re-wire the black and red wires on the PSU, then hot glue the RAM into the PCI-E slot, while soddering the spliced red and black wires directly onto the ram (because they forgot to include a power connector, naturaly)... im sure that would catch fire.

LMAO

redman2025

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2006
LOL! I just picture the computer going up in flames and the guy sitting there saying, "wtf!"

Well at least he is a Fire Man and should know what to do.

On second thought I don't know if he would know what to do if it did burst in to flames. :lol:

Naturaly, I have seen this (amost).

I have seen people bring in their computer with the ram chip:
1.) Hot glued into the wrong slot
2.) A 2nd notch shaved into the stick so it would fit
3.) Top shaved off to fit a WTF custom part.