PC freezes since I installed SP2

Since I installed SP2 on my PC using Windows XP Home it has started to
freeze every now and then. It usually happens when I am away at lunch or
just having a break. It doesn't happen every day but it is happening more
often. Any advice would be appreciated.
2 answers Last reply
More about freezes installed

    Hi

    When you have been there and the PC has frozen, do you see any error
    messages? If not, have a look in the Event Viewer to see if there are any
    error entries that may point towards the problem.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

    Jim McIntyre wrote:
    > Since I installed SP2 on my PC using Windows XP Home it has started to
    > freeze every now and then. It usually happens when I am away at lunch
    > or just having a break. It doesn't happen every day but it is
    > happening more often. Any advice would be appreciated.

    Sounds like it's overheating to me - which has nothing whatsoever to do with
    SP2. Check to see if the fans are clear of dust and, if they are, consider
    adding more.
    lose his marbles?

Microsoft Windows XP