Distinguished
May 21, 2006
Hello everyone

i have the following system.

asus p5nd2 sli deluxe
pd 830 at 3.6ghz
mushkin 2gb at 4 4 4 10
wd 160 gb@2 in raid 0

It has been running fine for almost a year until one month ago. My raid setup has corrupted files and i could not use the windows. so i had to break the raid the setup and i could use one of the hds. So i did clean install and used it for a week. Yesterday, i have the same problem again, corrupted files on the hard drive. Because of the corrupted files , i can not boot up my windows.

Btw, i tried one ata hardrive too. it has the same problem. The funny thing is that i can use all of the hds back once i reformat them. The only thing is files on them get corrupted. i have no clue with the system.

Do yo guys know what is going on here.

i appreciate your help.

Bye.

Thura.

tribal

Distinguished
May 13, 2004
normally it can't be the reason, because the files were not touched by the overclocking... its only the hardware... it could be a virus or your hdd is broken by itselfe

Pain

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2004
I have toasted an old disk by overclocking, but that was on an old machine where it wasn't possible to lock the pci bus, so the controller got overclocked which effectively overclocked the disk and poof. Dead disk. I don't know if that would be your problem or not.

jap0nes

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2006
there were issues with nforce4 and sata drives, corruptin data. I've seen on amd systems, dont know if that applies to intel platforms. worth a check