Changing File Open Dialog Appearance

For years I've wondered how to permanently keep the "view" I prefer to use
in a fileopen dialog. For example, when I use Notepad, I always get the
same view and have to a) expand the window, b) click on Details to get the
listing I want, and c) sort by reverse date to get the order I want.

Is there any way to make these settings "stick" across uses of this and
other programs?

Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about changing file open dialog appearance

    Michel Gelobter wrote:
    > For years I've wondered how to permanently keep the "view" I prefer
    > to use in a fileopen dialog. For example, when I use Notepad, I
    > always get the same view and have to a) expand the window, b) click
    > on Details to get the listing I want, and c) sort by reverse date to
    > get the order I want.
    > Is there any way to make these settings "stick" across uses of this
    > and other programs?
    >
    > Thanks!

    This is not possible, natively, in Windows.

    You can accomplish what you want with a third party shareware program.
    Go to the following website and download the fully functional demo of Dialog
    Exerciser.

    DlgXRSizer:
    http://www.gajits.com/dlgxrsizer.asp

    The program costs less than 20 dollars.