Changing File Open Dialog Appearance

November 12, 2004 7:34:19 PM

For years I've wondered how to permanently keep the "view" I prefer to use
in a fileopen dialog. For example, when I use Notepad, I always get the
same view and have to a) expand the window, b) click on Details to get the
listing I want, and c) sort by reverse date to get the order I want.

Is there any way to make these settings "stick" across uses of this and
other programs?

Thanks!
Anonymous
November 12, 2004 9:05:38 PM

Michel Gelobter wrote:
> For years I've wondered how to permanently keep the "view" I prefer
> to use in a fileopen dialog. For example, when I use Notepad, I
> always get the same view and have to a) expand the window, b) click
> on Details to get the listing I want, and c) sort by reverse date to
> get the order I want.
> Is there any way to make these settings "stick" across uses of this
> and other programs?
>
> Thanks!

This is not possible, natively, in Windows.

You can accomplish what you want with a third party shareware program.
Go to the following website and download the fully functional demo of Dialog
Exerciser.

DlgXRSizer:
http://www.gajits.com/dlgxrsizer.asp

The program costs less than 20 dollars.