Epson 980 worth repairing..?

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

My Epson 980 will not feed paper on the first try. Is it worth fixing ($
wise) or is it ready for the dumpster?
Thanks.
Frank

Si

I have one of those in, supposedly, perfect working order and I feel like
throwing it in the dumpster anyway!!

Si

--
It denos't mtater waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, it's olny iprmoatnt
taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae.The rset can be a total

"Frank" <fb@notspam.com> wrote in message
> My Epson 980 will not feed paper on the first try. Is it worth fixing ($
> wise) or is it ready for the dumpster?
> Thanks.
> Frank

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Si wrote:
> I have one of those in, supposedly, perfect working order and I feel like
> throwing it in the dumpster anyway!!
>
> Si

Well it's not one of our front line printers but it is a good (or has
been) utility printer.
Frank

davy

Could'nt be the rollers what got shiney and not gripping the paper by
any chance?

Try cleaning them, if they'er shiney there's a chance they will slip
on the paper. I think there was a similar post some while back on a
similar printer.

Davy