Sign in with
Your question

I need fix for black screen issue windows 7 diablo 2

Last response: in Windows 7
May 29, 2011 4:14:37 AM

Hello,
I recently had to reinstall d2 on my pc which runs windows 7. after install I now only get a black screen with ad2 ex-claimer stating a d2 handler_violation c0000005 i need this black screen issue fixed before i can continue with lod install.
a b $ Windows 7
May 29, 2011 4:23:01 AM

I have win7 HP 64bit. I didn't have any issues installing D2, but I did getting it to load. If Steam is running, I get a DX error. If you have steam, try turning it off. Also, make sure you run the .exes with admin privileges turned on, and perhaps you need to run them under xp compatibility mode.
m
l
Related resources
June 29, 2011 5:00:39 AM

Hi,

Problems with the operating system files of Windows 7 might also cause black screen errors. In this case, the problem would have to be solved by repairing the Windows 7 operating system. This can be done by using the default OS repair tool and by the installation of the original disk. If the problem has come up of late, users can also try restoring the system to a previous restore point to solve the problem.
m
l
June 6, 2012 12:18:02 AM

I called Battle.net today and actually held on the phone for 45 minutes to get a Tech to help me solve the exact same issue! They DID!!! All they had me do was right click on the Diablo II desktop icon, and on the shortcut tab, in the box labeled as "Target", they had me add "space" then "-w" to cause the game to start in windowed mode. They also had me go to the compatibility tab and check the run as administrator box. The game started in a small window which I simply enlarged with a click of the "Full Screen" button in the top right corner of the window. It may not be as nice as with being able to see portions of my computer's 'desktop' on the left and right sides of the game screen, BUT... I can finally play it again!!! Hope this helps! "Gekko"
m
l
October 14, 2012 2:27:38 AM

gekkomoons said:
I called Battle.net today and actually held on the phone for 45 minutes to get a Tech to help me solve the exact same issue! They DID!!! All they had me do was right click on the Diablo II desktop icon, and on the shortcut tab, in the box labeled as "Target", they had me add "space" then "-w" to cause the game to start in windowed mode. They also had me go to the compatibility tab and check the run as administrator box. The game started in a small window which I simply enlarged with a click of the "Full Screen" button in the top right corner of the window. It may not be as nice as with being able to see portions of my computer's 'desktop' on the left and right sides of the game screen, BUT... I can finally play it again!!! Hope this helps! "Gekko"

^^^I did just what you said, and it worked! BUT....I don't seem to have that "Full Screen" button in the top right corner!!!
m
l
!