Even though I have a calendar full of restore points, windows will not
restore to any of them.

Hi

Waht is the error message that you seeing?

One or more of the System Restore files could have been corrupted - try
turning SR off/on - but I'm afraid that you will lose any existing
checkpoints:

Right click My Computer, select Properties and then the System Restore tab.
Enable 'Turn off System Restore on all drives' and reboot your PC. After
that 1st reboot go back into SR and disable 'Turn off System Restore on all
drives' and reboot your PC again. After that 2nd reboot you should have one
new SR checkpoint.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Even though I have a calendar full of restore points, windows will not
> restore to any of them.

"Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Even though I have a calendar full of restore points, windows will not
> restore to any of them.

The kindest thing you can say about System Restore is it is 'flaky' and
totally unreliable. You will likely need to to uninstall System Restore
reboot and reactivate it. By doing so you will lose all Restore Points; not
helpful if you have a problem!

I strongly suggest you use ERUNT to backup your Registry. ERUNT is totally
reliable. Good luck.

"Edward W. Thompson" <thomeduk1@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

> "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Even though I have a calendar full of restore points, windows will not
>> restore to any of them.
>
> The kindest thing you can say about System Restore is it is 'flaky' and
> totally unreliable. You will likely need to to uninstall System Restore
> reboot and reactivate it. By doing so you will lose all Restore Points;
> not helpful if you have a problem!
>
> I strongly suggest you use ERUNT to backup your Registry. ERUNT is
> totally reliable. Good luck.

Hi

If need be System Restore can be reinstalled. I agree with you regarding
ERUNT.