xp with no coa is legitimate ????

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

hi to newsgroup

Recently i found some offers for windows xp professional oem edition
in Ebay .They are quite cheap so i was thinking to buy one . The only
thing that puzzles me is that they write they have no coa .As i have
seen they seem like legitimate firm with many sales .Any opinion would
be appreciated .

Michael
8 answers Last reply
More about legitimate
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    If there is no COA, they are NOT legitimate:
    http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/Resources_Action.mspx

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "michael nikolaou" <michaelnikolaou@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > hi to newsgroup
    >
    > Recently i found some offers for windows xp professional oem edition
    > in Ebay .They are quite cheap so i was thinking to buy one . The
    > only
    > thing that puzzles me is that they write they have no coa .As i have
    > seen they seem like legitimate firm with many sales .Any opinion
    > would
    > be appreciated .
    >

    > Michael
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    not legit, even if free they are over-priced. save your
    money.

    "michael nikolaou" <michaelnikolaou@yahoo.com> wrote in
    message
    | hi to newsgroup
    |
    | Recently i found some offers for windows xp professional
    oem edition
    | in Ebay .They are quite cheap so i was thinking to buy one
    .. The only
    | thing that puzzles me is that they write they have no coa
    ..As i have
    | seen they seem like legitimate firm with many sales .Any
    opinion would
    | be appreciated .
    |

    | Michael
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    "michael nikolaou" <michaelnikolaou@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > hi to newsgroup
    >
    > Recently i found some offers for windows xp professional oem edition
    > in Ebay .They are quite cheap so i was thinking to buy one . The only
    > thing that puzzles me is that they write they have no coa .As i have
    > seen they seem like legitimate firm with many sales .Any opinion would
    > be appreciated .
    >

    > Michael

    Provide example links to those supposedly legit vendors selling copies
    of Windows XP which does *not* include the COA. It is unlikely those
    are legal copies.

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    If there is no CoA included in the purchase, then you won't be
    buying a license to use the OS; you'll be buying a very non-absorbent
    coaster, and nothing more. No legitimate vendor would dream of
    selling an OEM CoA without the installation CD. The only legal way
    that you could use such a CD is if you already own an OEM license, but
    have lost or damaged the installation CD.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having both at once. - RAH

    "michael nikolaou" <michaelnikolaou@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > hi to newsgroup
    >
    > Recently i found some offers for windows xp professional oem edition
    > in Ebay .They are quite cheap so i was thinking to buy one . The
    > only
    > thing that puzzles me is that they write they have no coa .As i have
    > seen they seem like legitimate firm with many sales .Any opinion
    > would
    > be appreciated .
    >

    > Michael
  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    OEM cd's are only good on the computer on which the OS is first installed.
    The COA is probably attached to the case of that machine. The license is
    not transferable.

    "michael nikolaou" <michaelnikolaou@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > hi to newsgroup
    >
    > Recently i found some offers for windows xp professional oem edition
    > in Ebay .They are quite cheap so i was thinking to buy one . The only
    > thing that puzzles me is that they write they have no coa .As i have
    > seen they seem like legitimate firm with many sales .Any opinion would
    > be appreciated .
    >

    > Michael
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    michael nikolaou wrote:
    > hi to newsgroup
    >
    > Recently i found some offers for windows xp professional oem edition
    > in Ebay .They are quite cheap so i was thinking to buy one . The only
    > thing that puzzles me is that they write they have no coa .As i have
    > seen they seem like legitimate firm with many sales .Any opinion would
    > be appreciated .
    >

    > Michael

    More than a little naive aren't we?! You *REALLY* think that, just because
    something's being sold on eBay, it's legit?! Of course it isn't!
    lose his marbles?
  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    | michael nikolaou wrote:
    | > hi to newsgroup
    | >
    | > Recently i found some offers for windows xp professional oem
    edition
    | > in Ebay .They are quite cheap so i was thinking to buy one .
    The only
    | > thing that puzzles me is that they write they have no coa .As
    i have
    | > seen they seem like legitimate firm with many sales .Any
    opinion would
    | > be appreciated .
    | >

    | > Michael
    |

    | More than a little naive aren't we?! You *REALLY* think that,
    just because
    | something's being sold on eBay, it's legit?! Of course it
    isn't!
    | --
    | My great-grandfather was born and raised in Elgin - did he
    eventually
    | lose his marbles?

    That's not what the OP said; go back to sleep.
  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    michael nikolaou wrote:

    > hi to newsgroup
    >
    > Recently i found some offers for windows xp professional oem edition
    > in Ebay .They are quite cheap so i was thinking to buy one . The only
    > thing that puzzles me is that they write they have no coa .As i have
    > seen they seem like legitimate firm with many sales .Any opinion would
    > be appreciated .
    >

    > Michael
    I think you will need the serial number on coa.
    To recognize a legitimate copy have many ways.

Microsoft Windows XP