Sign in with
Your question

I cant believe i am seeing things like this on tomshardware!

Tags:
Last response: in Memory
September 19, 2006 6:18:30 PM

Well your machine is pathethic on some very important fields...
That are:
1. apple cinema is not good monitor, you should use samsung 245t until descent samsung 30" arrive.
2.memory is slow, you should use kingston hyperx 2GB kit DDR2 (PC2-8500) 1066MHz Non-ECC CL5
3. hard disk you should use is seagate chetah sata scsi 150gb 15000 rpm and not some pathetic hard disk like raptor.... also it can be used in raid mode.
4.next creative labs x-fi planitinum or some better card...
5. speakers should be gigaworks 750
mouse and keyboard microsoft ultimate...
6. cards are ok but you could also put some bfg or evga or even asus overclocked models....

More about : things tomshardware

a b } Memory
September 19, 2006 6:30:59 PM

Quote:
That are:
1. apple cinema is not good monitor, you should use samsung 245t until descent samsung 30" arrive.
2.memory is slow, you should use kingston hyperx 2GB kit DDR2 (PC2-8500) 1066MHz Non-ECC CL5
3. hard disk you should use is seagate chetah sata scsi 150gb 15000 rpm and not some pathetic hard disk like raptor.... also it can be used in raid mode.
6. cards are ok but you could also put some bfg or evga or even asus overclocked models....

EBAY is the place you should go for reliable information concerning computers.
September 19, 2006 7:03:09 PM

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

They should have included some Falcon slippers too!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
Related resources
September 19, 2006 7:13:44 PM

Quote:

EBAY is the place you should go for reliable information concerning computers.

LOL there you go giving away secrets for free

ohh and i have no clue what the OP is talking about
September 19, 2006 7:34:43 PM

I believe the OP is "angry" or whatever you want to call it, about the $10,000 PC that Tom's is giving away. He/She raises some points, but I don't see why the PC has to be the "Best PC You Can Possibly Build! Giveaway!" I would say that even with "sub-par" of the best of the best parts, it is still a pretty badass machine.

Regarding the Apple Cinema display, they did state in the article that there are better displays but the fact is that it is 30" and fits the "theme" as the article stated. Theme=white. Apple Cinema=white.
September 19, 2006 7:46:04 PM

Quote:
That are:

DUDE IT'S FOR FREE
although i'm sad you have to be an US resident to win it :( 
September 19, 2006 7:48:02 PM

Quote:
That are:

Posts.Count.Add(1);
September 19, 2006 7:50:49 PM

And again... there are ALWAYS people who complain about something they dont have theirselve. Unless you have the best pc money can buy with all the fancy stuff you called there, why dont you just keep quiet?
September 19, 2006 8:05:25 PM

Quote:
That are:

I agree I would have changed some parts, but still... how much time do I have left to move to tha USA so I get my chances to win it :wink:

And remember 1 thing, whatever they put in it, most of it's part will be mainstream within a years, so enjoy being the king while it last...

Great computer Tom by the way!!!
September 19, 2006 8:12:52 PM

Quote:
That are:

oh man, i always thought those things were the absolut truth. they are, right?
September 19, 2006 8:31:05 PM

Quote:
That are:

DUDE IT'S FOR FREE
although i'm sad you have to be an US resident to win it :( 

Exactly dude. It's free, you probably won't win it anyway so you don't have to worry about the supposedly sub-standard parts.

Regards,
Howard
September 19, 2006 8:36:36 PM

V,

They did say Ultimate right?

Then they put together a machine that has ONBOARD audio.

That is not very "Ultimate".

They also invited people to discuss the topic of ULTIMATE did they not?

So why, would you think people would NOT discuss what is Ultimate?

Welcome to THG and "good day".
September 19, 2006 8:43:35 PM

Quote:
V,

I know the main thread for this established that it's probably worth 1/2 of what they're advertising it as. I guess it's supposed to "promote" Falcon NW. $10k is a real stretch....
September 19, 2006 8:50:44 PM

You buy FNW you're buying a box that cost $10K because of its relability, support, overall coolness and especailly the name. It'd be the same thing if you bought a Voodoo. The components are freakin awesome, but you could get a cheaper one if you build your own.
Then again, who the hell cares man? Its free so I'm entering.
Did the original poster enter to win?
September 19, 2006 8:55:13 PM

Quote:
V,

First, audio is: Sound Card Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS 7.1 Channels PCI , not too bad I should say.

The only thing I don't agree with is them using 2GB memory and not 4GB with WXP64-bit edition. But that's all.

OH, and I would have got the Z5500 wired speaker for it's superb sub for great gaming, and not the wireless crappy sounding back speakers they use on the Z5450.

Still, considering the stable overclock they manage to give you and quad-SLI which performances will improve by the day with upcoming driver, and you don't get much better... And a PSU powerful enough for upcoming G80 and R600 :twisted:
September 19, 2006 8:59:24 PM

WTF? So you say Raptors suck? and the difference in CL4 800Mhz and CL5 1066Mhz RAM isn't going to be insane or anything. Dude, stay off the pipe.

However, I do agree with the onBoard sound thing, but who really cares
September 19, 2006 9:05:27 PM

Talking to me? Check who you aim your posts at bro.
September 19, 2006 9:08:23 PM

Nightly,

I replied as I did because of this link provided by THG:

Machine Specs !!!

It states Onboard Audio...
September 19, 2006 9:34:50 PM

did anyone notice the PSU barely sqeaks by at 600W?
edit: or at least on the specs he posted.....hmmm why are they different?
September 19, 2006 9:39:50 PM

Quote:
Nightly,

I replied as I did because of this link provided by THG:

Machine Specs !!!

It states Onboard Audio...

OK, sorry for that one, but I did say this because of that pages: http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/09/18/welcome_toms_10k_pc/page2.html

It says it's on X-FI Fata1ty sound card. I just can't imagine they put on-board audio on a Ultimate gaming rig.

I reckon they tried to make a computer that suits most poeple. I also reckon that what I would put my 10000$ is probably not the same thing it's for most poeple here... like AMD fanboy going for the A64FX62 even tough it's getting it's ass handed to itself by even the E6700 :wink: :twisted:

Let's leave that one as it is...
September 19, 2006 9:44:31 PM

You know, who cares? IT'S A FREE COMPUTER! Nuff said!
September 19, 2006 10:03:32 PM

You are absolutely right. If I win, I'm going to take it out back, drown it with 5 Gal. of diesel, and burn it.
September 19, 2006 10:16:40 PM

Diesel is too expensive. Since the case is made out of aluminium use mercury. It'll make the aluminium turn to rust in a matter of hours.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
September 19, 2006 10:51:11 PM

I cant' believe how pathetic you are.

"YOU SHOULD USE" a dictionary, some english lessons and someone to teach you a lesson in NOT TROLLING AROUND!

Alters like this one make me go berserk. What a f*****g a*****e.
September 20, 2006 2:05:55 AM

Thank you for feeding the troll.
+1 for you and me both.
September 20, 2006 2:31:51 AM

Quote:
Diesel is too expensive. Since the case is made out of aluminium use mercury. It'll make the aluminium turn to rust in a matter of hours.

Mercury! Hours of squishy, gooey fun!
September 20, 2006 2:39:15 AM

Does the sticky mushy fun also include having your brain turn to mush also? 8O
September 20, 2006 3:00:25 AM

Quote:
That are:

Moron,

1. Apple Monitor is an excellent monitor to choose from. There is currently 2 manufacturers that offer 30" monitor, Apple and Dell. I guess the real reason FNW chose Apple Monitor instead of Dell is because it matches the case color and perform on par with Dell. If you dont own a f***ing Apple Monitor then shut the hell up. Samsung monitor is good, but there is no reason to say Apple monitor is not good.
2. You obviously dont know crap about memory. There is no difference between 1066mhz CL5 and 800mhz CL4. Beside, lower latency is better, because CPU dont saturate that bandwidth anyways if you put them in dual channel. Review sites have stated that 533mhz is good for Conroe, so the only thing we need to focus on is the latency, not the speed.
3. Who buy a 15k SCSI hard drive? They are created for Server System, not for desktop. And The Raptors are put in RAID 0, moron.
4. Z5500 kick Giga Works 750 butt, Logitech G7 is the best wireless gaming mouse out there (I prefer G5 because I just dont want to change my battery, but they both perform the same)
5. You obviously are a kid who is confused by the Manufacturers. Overclocked card is plague with problems, and they are all reported on the net. Why buy a overclocked card with higher price when you can overclock it yourself?

With all that being said, I concluded that you are just a discontent THG reader who belongs to a group that keep complaining about why the contest is only for US resident, so then you post a thread to flame the contest. Dumbass, if you want it so bad, sell your damn car if you have one and buy it. The chance of one of us win the damn computer is slim to none.
September 20, 2006 3:04:44 AM

Amen. Preach the word and let the truth be known, Brotha Reaper.
September 20, 2006 3:26:39 AM

Should have said OP, but, I didn't think anything in my post pointed to anyone but the OP... who knew?
September 20, 2006 3:31:04 AM

Its all good. Just watch were you aim your posts at.
September 20, 2006 6:05:49 PM

Even being a Sick Ninja you should be able to side step anything aimed in your direction!!! ;) 

Sorry bad joke, but had to be said :) 
September 20, 2006 6:44:57 PM

Quote:
Thank you for feeding the troll.
+1 for you and me both.

lol.

Please don't feed the trolls.

+1
September 20, 2006 11:19:41 PM

I choose to be hit just not to upset your foolish egos :twisted:
That being said....
!