Heres my specs:
DFI LanParty UT nf4 Sli-DR Expert 2006/04/06 BIOS
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Rev. E w/ Scythe Ninja Cooler
2x OCZ 512MB DDR400 Platinum 2-3-2-5
Radeon X1900XT
Soundblaster X-Fi
3x Maxtor DiamondMax10 160GB SATA2 Raid 0
Was: Raidmax 580 Watt PSU Now OCZ GameXstream 600
NZXT Lexa case with lots of fans (4x120mm +2x80mm)

I have recently replaced my asus a8r-mvp with a DFI LanParty SLI-DR eXpert- I have had a lot of problems with this new board as of late.

Hi, recently I was attemtping to overclock when my system failed to boot.
CMOS clear did not fix the problem, so I waited overnight and did the steps in a new clear to no avail..

Specifically I was overclcoking the FSB H/T, with the ram on low dividers so it was running below spec, in order to bump the cpu clock. I had it posting at up to 2.7 at 270mhz HT on a stock multi, but windows would fail to load at this setting. I tried to increase the the HT to 280 while lowering the multiplier to 9.
Keep in mind that my divider was low at around 133. This is when it crashed, upon boot the srceen was filled with random numvers and letters- nothing like Ive ever seen before.

Anyway I thoguht my bios was fried, but eventually I decided to take a ram stick out... and amazingly it posted. I then replaced that ram stick (was in slot 2) with the other one and it also booted up fine. They also work individually on slot 1. I tried an indvidual stick on 3 and 4, it didn't post with either of them.
However as soon as I put both of them it will not post.
I have tried every single ram configuration possible- it will only post if both sticks are in 1 and 2 in single channel DDR333 mode.
Previously I had my ram in 2 and 4.. but I just recently changed them to 1 and 3 because memeory dividers didn't work in 2 and 4.
It seems like slots 3 and 4 no longer work.....
I also reflashed my bios after I booted it back up and tried 2 different versions for the newest date, the regular one and before that the OCZ one. Most of the dimm tests I just talked about were on the regular bios.

My ram sticks are identical in specifications and are the same model.
Never had a problem with them before this.... although I recall when first setting this mbo up it would only boot when I had one stick in but.. I can't think of anythign I changed after I added the 2nd stick.

What does this mean?
Two sticks used to work fine but now they don't.

More about : ram problems longer boots sticks

a b V Motherboard
September 19, 2006 7:24:04 PM

Quote:
Heres my specs:
DFI LanParty UT nf4 Sli-DR Expert 2006/04/06 BIOS
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Rev. E w/ Scythe Ninja Cooler
2x OCZ 512MB DDR400 Platinum 2-3-2-5
Radeon X1900XT
Soundblaster X-Fi
3x Maxtor DiamondMax10 160GB SATA2 Raid 0
Was: Raidmax 580 Watt PSU Now OCZ GameXstream 600
NZXT Lexa case with lots of fans (4x120mm +2x80mm)

I have recently replaced my asus a8r-mvp with a DFI LanParty SLI-DR eXpert- I have had a lot of problems with this new board as of late.

Hi, recently I was attemtping to overclock when my system failed to boot.
CMOS clear did not fix the problem, so I waited overnight and did the steps in a new clear to no avail..

Specifically I was overclcoking the FSB H/T, with the ram on low dividers so it was running below spec, in order to bump the cpu clock. I had it posting at up to 2.7 at 270mhz HT on a stock multi, but windows would fail to load at this setting. I tried to increase the the HT to 280 while lowering the multiplier to 9.
Keep in mind that my divider was low at around 133. This is when it crashed, upon boot the srceen was filled with random numvers and letters- nothing like Ive ever seen before.

Anyway I thoguht my bios was fried, but eventually I decided to take a ram stick out... and amazingly it posted. I then replaced that ram stick (was in slot 2) with the other one and it also booted up fine. They also work individually on slot 1. I tried an indvidual stick on 3 and 4, it didn't post with either of them.
However as soon as I put both of them it will not post.
I have tried every single ram configuration possible- it will only post if both sticks are in 1 and 2 in single channel DDR333 mode.
Previously I had my ram in 2 and 4.. but I just recently changed them to 1 and 3 because memeory dividers didn't work in 2 and 4.
It seems like slots 3 and 4 no longer work.....
I also reflashed my bios after I booted it back up and tried 2 different versions for the newest date, the regular one and before that the OCZ one. Most of the dimm tests I just talked about were on the regular bios.

My ram sticks are identical in specifications and are the same model.
Never had a problem with them before this.... although I recall when first setting this mbo up it would only boot when I had one stick in but.. I can't think of anythign I changed after I added the 2nd stick.

What does this mean?
Two sticks used to work fine but now they don't.

Try increasing the RAM voltage in BIOS.
!