NFL

January 19, 2005 1:28:52 PM

Can I use this on my PPC?
(Axim X5 400/64)

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=528&e=4...

More about : nfl

Anonymous
January 19, 2005 1:28:53 PM

Depends on how the encoded it Amy. If they have used the iPod's codec
(can't remember what it is called off the top), no, you won't be able to do
so.

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor / Owner

"Amy Gray" <JudgeAmyGrayNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Can I use this on my PPC?
> (Axim X5 400/64)
>
> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=528&e=4...

> News==----
> Newsgroups
January 19, 2005 2:18:22 PM

While it is still a bit vague, the Audible press release
(http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=...)
seems to imply that this will be an offering for *all* Audible-ready
devices. While the thrust of the media push was on iPods, if this is true
then you should be able to download the content to your X5 (as long as you
have an account with Audible and the Audible Player installed).

I guess we will have to wait and see about this, as well as if this will be
the start of a larger offering next season from the NFL. MLB is already
offering the ability to buy baseball game highlights and full games in
video. The content, however, is Janus-protected, requiring Windows Media
Player 10 Mobile. I actually purchased Game 4 of the World Series, and it
worked with no issues on my Dell Axim X50v. NOTE: As a Bostonian with a
Windows Media Player 10 Mobile device, I think we are required to have Red
Sox content ;-)

Don

--
=================================
Don Sorcinelli
"Amy Gray" <JudgeAmyGrayNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Can I use this on my PPC?
> (Axim X5 400/64)
>
> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=528&e=4...

> News==----
> Newsgroups
January 20, 2005 11:27:27 PM

Probably not. Even if you can 'transcode' it (convert from AAC audio
format to windows media, which may be possible) it's probably going to
be locked down by digital rights management so you can't un-encrypt it
without an iPod.

You might have better luck finding an online radio station which
broadcasts windows media streams of commentary from live games - then
you can listen live, rather than wait, download and copy across ;-)

Cheers - Neil

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:28:52 -0500, Amy Gray
<JudgeAmyGrayNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Can I use this on my PPC?
>(Axim X5 400/64)
>
>http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=528&e=4...

>http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups
>---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 7:36:50 PM

Audible.com *does* now offer the NFL playoff games for any Audible devices.
If you go to the Audible home page, you should see an "NFL Game Highlights"
link in the upper-right corner of the page. They actually offer the complete
games (not just the highlights) for $4.95 each. If you are on one of
Audible's plans, you can use a book credit. I just used my "Light Listener"
plan (which dates me regarding being an Audible subscriber) to pick up the
AFC Championship game :-)

Don

--
Don Sorcinelli