My AXIM wants to format my SD card!!! Why???

January 19, 2005 1:49:47 PM

I recently purchased a 1GB ATP 60x SD card for my Dell Axim X30. The
first day I instereted the card it asked me to format it before I can
use it,I said YES, and everything was going good. I copied a bunch of
MP3's and was playing them fine. After a day or so, I turned on my
PPC and up came the orginal message I got the first time I inserted
the card, it asked me to format the card before I can use it. If I
say no, the card doesnt show up, if I say yes, well it erases
everything and starts to work again. I have tried restarting the unit
with that card in, removing and reinserting the card, nothing, it
wants to format the card as if it was a new card. It works for a
couple of times and then, it asked to format!

Any ideas why this is happening?
Thanks Daniel.

More about : axim format card

Anonymous
January 19, 2005 2:13:12 PM

There is a thread with some good sd card advice about 5 days ago with the
subject "Scandisk SD 1GB".

You may want to check it out and see if anything in there helps.

"Daniel" <Dan@tteel.com> wrote in message
>I recently purchased a 1GB ATP 60x SD card for my Dell Axim X30. The
> first day I instereted the card it asked me to format it before I can
> use it,I said YES, and everything was going good. I copied a bunch of
> MP3's and was playing them fine. After a day or so, I turned on my
> PPC and up came the orginal message I got the first time I inserted
> the card, it asked me to format the card before I can use it. If I
> say no, the card doesnt show up, if I say yes, well it erases
> everything and starts to work again. I have tried restarting the unit
> with that card in, removing and reinserting the card, nothing, it
> wants to format the card as if it was a new card. It works for a
> couple of times and then, it asked to format!
>
> Any ideas why this is happening?
> Thanks Daniel.
Anonymous
January 19, 2005 3:34:10 PM

Try putting your card in a card reader attached to your computer and THEN
reformat.

"Chance Hopkins" <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> There is a thread with some good sd card advice about 5 days ago with the
> subject "Scandisk SD 1GB".
>
> You may want to check it out and see if anything in there helps.
>

> "Daniel" <Dan@tteel.com> wrote in message
> >I recently purchased a 1GB ATP 60x SD card for my Dell Axim X30. The
> > first day I instereted the card it asked me to format it before I can
> > use it,I said YES, and everything was going good. I copied a bunch of
> > MP3's and was playing them fine. After a day or so, I turned on my
> > PPC and up came the orginal message I got the first time I inserted
> > the card, it asked me to format the card before I can use it. If I
> > say no, the card doesnt show up, if I say yes, well it erases
> > everything and starts to work again. I have tried restarting the unit
> > with that card in, removing and reinserting the card, nothing, it
> > wants to format the card as if it was a new card. It works for a
> > couple of times and then, it asked to format!
> >
> > Any ideas why this is happening?
> > Thanks Daniel.

Related resources
January 20, 2005 9:44:50 AM

Thanks for the replys!

Okay, I downloaded Pocket Mechanic and did a low-level format, then a
logical format as FAT32. I used if for a while copying and playing music.
I woke up this morning and turned on the unit, and the message came up
again, you must format. So I took the card to my USB reader connected to my
PC, inserted it and when to the dirve and that too wanted to format it!!!
But this time whan I took it back to the PPC, it didnt say anything,
however, the card was empty everything was gone!!!

So now I have formated it on my PC and giving that a try....

Any other suggetions?

"Jasper Recto" <jrecto99@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:o RdTY0k$EHA.3924@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Try putting your card in a card reader attached to your computer and THEN
> reformat.
>

> "Chance Hopkins" <chance_hopkins@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> There is a thread with some good sd card advice about 5 days ago with the
>> subject "Scandisk SD 1GB".
>>
>> You may want to check it out and see if anything in there helps.
>>

>> "Daniel" <Dan@tteel.com> wrote in message
>> >I recently purchased a 1GB ATP 60x SD card for my Dell Axim X30. The
>> > first day I instereted the card it asked me to format it before I can
>> > use it,I said YES, and everything was going good. I copied a bunch of
>> > MP3's and was playing them fine. After a day or so, I turned on my
>> > PPC and up came the orginal message I got the first time I inserted
>> > the card, it asked me to format the card before I can use it. If I
>> > say no, the card doesnt show up, if I say yes, well it erases
>> > everything and starts to work again. I have tried restarting the unit
>> > with that card in, removing and reinserting the card, nothing, it
>> > wants to format the card as if it was a new card. It works for a
>> > couple of times and then, it asked to format!
>> >
>> > Any ideas why this is happening?
>> > Thanks Daniel.

January 24, 2005 1:53:33 PM

Success, I hope...

I reformated the SD card on my PC and it has not asked me to reformat the
card yet.

Thanks for all the help!
Daniel.

!