Removable USB drive and autoplay

I have a USB memory card reader which I use to transfer files between my
computer and memory cards for use in my cell phones and my digital camera.
Whenever I insert this card reader into a USB port the default behaviour of
XP is to scan the cards contents, then pop up a box asking me what I wish to
do (play the music, browse the pictures etc). I do not want this, so I went
into the properties of the drive, and for each and every single category I
changed the behaviour to "Take no action". However, now whenever I insert
the reader with a memory card it opens up a folder with the contents of the
card.

Now I wonder which part of "Take no action" is so hard for Windows XP to
understand? Or am I missing something here?

Forgot to mention which OS version. I am using XP Pro SP2.

Yes Windows is basically asking you which program would
you like to use to view your content on your USB devise
when you plug it in and when you remove that option it
just show you your content of it ... What you are trying
to do will cause it not to work at all , You more or less
Want Windows to do nothing at all whenever you plug your
USB devise in , Well it doesn't work that way

> Yes Windows is basically asking you which program would
> you like to use to view your content on your USB devise
> when you plug it in

I am perfectly aware of what Windows is trying to do. My frustration is that
this is the opposite of what I have _explicitely_ told Windows to do!

> and when you remove that option it
> just show you your content of it ...

If I wanted Windows to display the files on my memory card I would have
selected the "Open folder to view files" option. I did not. I selected the
"Take no action"-option. Which is excactly what I want Windows to do.

> What you are trying
> to do will cause it not to work at all ,

Oh, please! I did not need autoplay to handle my memory cards under Windows
98, I did not need autoplay to handle my memory cards under Windows 2000, I
don't need autoplay to handle my memory cards under Linux & BSD and I
certainly don't need no freakin' wizard to tell me how to play my .ogg files
under XP!

> You more or less
> Want Windows to do nothing at all whenever you plug your
> USB devise in ,

Yes!

> Well it doesn't work that way

Thank you for sharing your insight.