Audio Driver instalation issues with intel 975xbx

themelonator13

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
Intel and microsofts website dont seem to be working for me

windows does not detect any device to input or output audio the drivers that came on a cd with the motherboard will all install exept for the audio driver which fail when i manually try to instal the drivers either off the cd or from the drivers i downloaded from intels website give me an error saying

"This system does not support the driver you are attempting to install"

this is my first build so please help me i really dont want to pay for tech support im sure im not the only one who has had a problem like this
also im using windows xp pro and i have installed every single update that windows has.

on a somewhat unrealated note if you know how to fix windows from limiting the amont of hard drive space to 237 gb or you know how to make windows boot from a sata drive that would be help full too

Intel and microsofts website dont seem to be working for me

windows does not detect any device to input or output audio the drivers that came on a cd with the motherboard will all install exept for the audio driver which fail when i manually try to instal the drivers either off the cd or from the drivers i downloaded from intels website give me an error saying

"This system does not support the driver you are attempting to install"

this is my first build so please help me i really dont want to pay for tech support im sure im not the only one who has had a problem like this
also im using windows xp pro and i have installed every single update that windows has.

on a somewhat unrealated note if you know how to fix windows from limiting the amont of hard drive space to 237 gb or you know how to make windows boot from a sata drive that would be help full too

I see Claude Rains built your system, whatever it is. Try running memtest86 and check for errors.

themelonator13

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
no i have two 250 gb seagate hardrives the second hard drive doesnt show up as usable space

if the audio was bad why would the drivers be unable to install?

themelonator13

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
ok went to the device manager to search the entire thing for exclaimation points the audio chip was being detected as a pci device i told windows to reinstall the drivers and the chip was detected so not it works thank you for you help

weeezer

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2006
:( i have the same problem, and i just can't manage to fix it... can u explain more precisely how did u do it? please? :(