So I finally overclocked my X1900GT

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
Ray Adams Tray Tools is a freakin' godsend, ATi Tool doesnt work for beans on ATi cards with seperate 2d/3d clocks.

When I got the card, I overclocked a bit with Overdrive, but I got lockups at different times, at different speeds, it was wierd. Just for stability, I left it at 600Mhz core, which is a 25 Mhz overclock :roll:

My default memory speeds are 1200Mhz, but I have 1.4ns ram, so I knew it should be good for 1400Mhz.

Anyhoo....I used Tray Tools to bump my core voltage to 1.4 volts, and wada ya know, 700Mhz core with no sweat. I'm not going to put any extra voltage to the memory because it's extremely easy to fry...it really wont take the abuse that a graphics cards core will, so it's sitting nicely at 1400 Mhz.

That's a 125mhz core overclock, and a 200Mhz memory overclock(yay me :wink: )

I was really hoping to break 10K on 3DMark05 but the rest of my system isnt fast enough. 3DMark also wont show my clock speeds, and claims I have a 512mb card(I wish :roll:)

Also folks, let me remind you that the fight for a cure for genital herpes is not over, and hundreds of thousands of people are afflicted with this painful disease. Do your part, and give to your local free clinic, it's a charitable thing to do, and it's also an end of the year tax write off for those in the know :wink:

Crabs also do not make great pets.

3DMark05 - 9,574

cleeve

Illustrious
Nice job...

You're 3dmarks are within kissing distance of me again, you cheeky bastard. :)

That's pretty damn good considering we have the same mobo, you're CPU is running a bit slower than mine, and my card was worth twice what you paid for yours not long ago.

pauldh

Illustrious
Hey, good job GW. You got more out of that core than I expected to see. Glad to see that. I know I had problems OC'in with ATI tool because I enabled Overdrive first to try that out. I had to uninstall/reinstall the drivers and not touch Overdrive to get anywhere with ATI tool. I haven't tried Tray Tools though.

Hey, 10K might be out of reach, but in the mean time I have another milestone for you. You are within spitting distance of me. 9766 is what I got OC'in the X1800XT about all I'd push it. (voltage wimp). But it looks like your 19GT is easily matching my 18XT as my CPU score is higher with the Sandeigo.

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=2006472

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
is that the stock cooler your using for that card?

Yes, stock cooling 8)

cardbigok1.jpg

raven_87

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
That is a nice stock cooler....damnit G grow a pair and take it farther :lol: :lol: :lol: You know you want too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: