refilling ink cartridges in lexmark z715

hello,
is it true that some of lexmark printers have a device - "chip" which prevents of refilling? What cartridges has got this technology? It depends on cartridges or printer?
Model z715 has got this "idea" ?

Thanks in advance,
Tom
4 answers Last reply
More about refilling cartridges lexmark z715

    As far as I know Lexmark do not use chips so most of their carts can be
    refilled, surely if you have this printer you can see if it's chipped or
    not.

    "danonwoj" <danonwojMAPS@konto.pl> wrote in message
    hello,
    is it true that some of lexmark printers have a device - "chip" which
    prevents of refilling? What cartridges has got this technology? It depends
    on cartridges or printer?
    Model z715 has got this "idea" ?

    Thanks in advance,
    Tom

    but after refilling always driver shows "low ink". Nowadays I have Lexmark X5150 and I don't have this kind of problems after refilling but I heard that for example z815 or X5250 have this problem with window with text "low ink" still.
    Tom

    danonwoj wrote:
    > but after refilling always driver shows "low ink". Nowadays I have Lexmark X5150 and I don't have this kind of problems after refilling but I heard that for example z815 or X5250 have this problem with window with text "low ink" still.
    > Tom

    I used to have a Z55, I believe... When I refilled a cart (unchipped)
    the driver would ask me, when I replaced it, if it was a new cart or the
    same one that I had taken out for one reason or another. If you get this
    kind of message when you replace it, tell the driver it's a new cart.
    That will reset the ink level meter. Otherwise, I can't help you any
    further. I'm no longer with Lexmark, it's Canon these days. Lexmark
    carts were too small for my taste and the driver too limiting for
    quality work. Otherwise the Z55 performed rather adequately for a rather
    primitive printer with limited options.

    -Taliesyn
  4. i have a lexmark z1300 and it want let me reset or refill the cartridge does any one else have this type if some one has got it to reset please help i hate paying 18.00 everytime i turn around for a new one

Printers Lexmark Peripherals