Defragmenting and not quite enough space left on dirve to ..

November 13, 2004 6:20:19 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

WIN XP HE
Hi,
I want to defrag my C drive but I get the message:
"Not enough space to defrag. Defrag needs 15% to defrag and only 11% is
available. Do you still want to defrag?"
There nothing else I can delete from the drive to create more space.
Can I go ahead with the defrag anyway or will it just not work?
Tx,
November 13, 2004 6:20:20 PM

[[Ensure that your disk has at least 15% free space
A volume must have at least 15% free space for Disk Defragmenter to
completely and adequately defragment it. Disk Defragmenter uses this space
as a sorting area for file fragments. If a volume has less than 15% free
space, Disk Defragmenter will only partially defragment it. To increase the
free space on a volume, delete unneeded files or move them to another
disk. ]]

Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:utRt14byEHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
saturnin02 <saturnin02_at_hotmail.com> hunted and pecked:
> WIN XP HE
> Hi,
> I want to defrag my C drive but I get the message:
> "Not enough space to defrag. Defrag needs 15% to defrag and only 11%
> is available. Do you still want to defrag?"
> There nothing else I can delete from the drive to create more space.
> Can I go ahead with the defrag anyway or will it just not work?
> Tx,
November 13, 2004 6:20:20 PM

Google to Diskeeper and download the trial version of Diskeeper 9 (either
version). It will finish the job no matter how much space is available.

"saturnin02" <saturnin02_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> WIN XP HE
> Hi,
> I want to defrag my C drive but I get the message:
> "Not enough space to defrag. Defrag needs 15% to defrag and only 11% is
> available. Do you still want to defrag?"
> There nothing else I can delete from the drive to create more space.
> Can I go ahead with the defrag anyway or will it just not work?
> Tx,

Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
November 13, 2004 6:29:09 PM

Time for a new hard disk. Disk defragmenter needs at least 15% free space to
work properly.

Ted Zieglar

"saturnin02" <saturnin02_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> WIN XP HE
> Hi,
> I want to defrag my C drive but I get the message:
> "Not enough space to defrag. Defrag needs 15% to defrag and only 11% is
> available. Do you still want to defrag?"
> There nothing else I can delete from the drive to create more space.
> Can I go ahead with the defrag anyway or will it just not work?
> Tx,

November 13, 2004 6:42:01 PM

"saturnin02" wrote:

> WIN XP HE
> Hi,
> I want to defrag my C drive but I get the message:
> "Not enough space to defrag. Defrag needs 15% to defrag and only 11% is
> available. Do you still want to defrag?"
> There nothing else I can delete from the drive to create more space.
> Can I go ahead with the defrag anyway or will it just not work?
> Tx,

You are obviously in need of additional hard drive space. 80GB drives are
about $40. Install one and drag move most everything except program files to
it.
Anonymous
November 13, 2004 7:13:18 PM

Hi,

Defrag will perform a partial defrag in this case.

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney [MS-MVP DTS]

"saturnin02" wrote
> WIN XP HE
> Hi,
> I want to defrag my C drive but I get the message:
> "Not enough space to defrag. Defrag needs 15% to defrag and only 11% is
> available. Do you still want to defrag?"
> There nothing else I can delete from the drive to create more space.
> Can I go ahead with the defrag anyway or will it just not work?
> Tx,

November 13, 2004 9:56:18 PM

saturnin02 wrote:

> WIN XP HE
> I want to defrag my C drive but I get the message:
> "Not enough space to defrag. Defrag needs 15% to defrag and only 11% is
> available. Do you still want to defrag?"
> There nothing else I can delete from the drive to create more space.
> Can I go ahead with the defrag anyway or will it just not work?

Time for a larger hard drive.
Anonymous
November 13, 2004 11:38:24 PM

Hi

It won't properly Deragment the hard disk/partition - defrag needs at least
15% free disk space to work to the maximum.. Have you got Hibernation
enabled? If so disabling that will free up disk space equivalent to the
amount of RAM you have installed.

Control Panel>Power Options - Hibernate tab. Disabling will immediately
free up the disk space.

Otherwise you may be able to temporarily move the pagefile to another
partition. Please have a look at the following article by Alex Nichol:

"Virtual Memory in Windows XP"
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php

Have you emptied the Tempoarary Internet Files folder and the Temp folder in
C:\Documents and Settings\<Account Name>\Local Settings

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User

"saturnin02" <saturnin02_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> WIN XP HE
> Hi,
> I want to defrag my C drive but I get the message:
> "Not enough space to defrag. Defrag needs 15% to defrag and only 11% is
> available. Do you still want to defrag?"
> There nothing else I can delete from the drive to create more space.
> Can I go ahead with the defrag anyway or will it just not work?
> Tx,
November 13, 2004 11:38:25 PM

Will, Very helpful, thank you.
I have disabled the hibernate option and it did the job. Beautiful!
I have used a temp cleaner program to delete all temp files, etc., already.
Thanks for your very helpful post.
Will Denny wrote:
> Hi
>
> It won't properly Deragment the hard disk/partition - defrag needs at
> least 15% free disk space to work to the maximum.. Have you got
> Hibernation enabled? If so disabling that will free up disk space
> equivalent to the amount of RAM you have installed.
>
> Control Panel>Power Options - Hibernate tab. Disabling will immediately
> free up the disk space.
>
> Otherwise you may be able to temporarily move the pagefile to another
> partition. Please have a look at the following article by Alex Nichol:
>
> "Virtual Memory in Windows XP"
> http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php
>
> Have you emptied the Tempoarary Internet Files folder and the Temp folder
> in C:\Documents and Settings\<Account Name>\Local Settings
>

> "saturnin02" <saturnin02_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> WIN XP HE
>> Hi,
>> I want to defrag my C drive but I get the message:
>> "Not enough space to defrag. Defrag needs 15% to defrag and only 11% is
>> available. Do you still want to defrag?"
>> There nothing else I can delete from the drive to create more space.
>> Can I go ahead with the defrag anyway or will it just not work?
>> Tx,
November 14, 2004 12:11:03 AM

saturnin02 wrote:

> WIN XP HE
> Hi,
> I want to defrag my C drive but I get the message:
> "Not enough space to defrag. Defrag needs 15% to defrag and only 11% is
> available. Do you still want to defrag?"
> There nothing else I can delete from the drive to create more space.
> Can I go ahead with the defrag anyway or will it just not work?
> Tx,

Have you cleared your recycle bin , temp files and restore points? If
your system is stable and you've been running a while you may have
built up a hefty restore point stack, can really free that up, but
only if you're pretty sure you don't need it. It's on the 'more
options' of disc cleanup.

--
Paul (I got the horrors cos I'm one inch tall)
Stop and Look

Hi Chuck
I Happened to notice your conversation and have interest in upgrading my HD
from 10GB's. Appreciate if you could direct me to the website where I can
purchase a HD in the price range you mentioned. My OS is WinxpHE Dell
Inspiron 4000. Thanks for more info

"Chuck Davis" wrote:

> "saturnin02" wrote:
>
> > WIN XP HE
> > Hi,
> > I want to defrag my C drive but I get the message:
> > "Not enough space to defrag. Defrag needs 15% to defrag and only 11% is
> > available. Do you still want to defrag?"
> > There nothing else I can delete from the drive to create more space.
> > Can I go ahead with the defrag anyway or will it just not work?
> > Tx,
> >

> You are obviously in need of additional hard drive space. 80GB drives are
> about $40. Install one and drag move most everything except program files to
> it.
Anonymous
November 14, 2004 2:57:24 AM

eBay

"Franktee" <Franktee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Chuck
> I Happened to notice your conversation and have interest in upgrading my
> HD
> from 10GB's. Appreciate if you could direct me to the website where I can
> purchase a HD in the price range you mentioned. My OS is WinxpHE Dell
> Inspiron 4000. Thanks for more info
>

> "Chuck Davis" wrote:
>

>> "saturnin02" wrote:
>>
>> > WIN XP HE
>> > Hi,
>> > I want to defrag my C drive but I get the message:
>> > "Not enough space to defrag. Defrag needs 15% to defrag and only 11%
>> > is
>> > available. Do you still want to defrag?"
>> > There nothing else I can delete from the drive to create more space.
>> > Can I go ahead with the defrag anyway or will it just not work?
>> > Tx,
>> >

>> You are obviously in need of additional hard drive space. 80GB drives are
>> about $40. Install one and drag move most everything except program files
>> it.
November 14, 2004 4:46:29 AM

How large is your HDD?
You can delete some stuf, minimize page file etc as suggested by others -
hence, I guess a 20 to 40 GB HDD or even less.
You can compress the drive or play with the file system to get a smaller
size.
All in all, once you are in this position, you'll have to buy a new hard
drive.
Michael
"saturnin02" <saturnin02_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> WIN XP HE
> Hi,
> I want to defrag my C drive but I get the message:
> "Not enough space to defrag. Defrag needs 15% to defrag and only 11% is
> available. Do you still want to defrag?"
> There nothing else I can delete from the drive to create more space.
> Can I go ahead with the defrag anyway or will it just not work?
> Tx,

November 14, 2004 8:32:33 AM

Glad you've got Defrag up and running.

--

> Will, Very helpful, thank you.
> I have disabled the hibernate option and it did the job. Beautiful!
> I have used a temp cleaner program to delete all temp files, etc.,
> already.
> Thanks for your very helpful post.
> Will Denny wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> It won't properly Deragment the hard disk/partition - defrag needs at
>> least 15% free disk space to work to the maximum.. Have you got
>> Hibernation enabled? If so disabling that will free up disk space
>> equivalent to the amount of RAM you have installed.
>>
>> Control Panel>Power Options - Hibernate tab. Disabling will immediately
>> free up the disk space.
>>
>> Otherwise you may be able to temporarily move the pagefile to another
>> partition. Please have a look at the following article by Alex Nichol:
>>
>> "Virtual Memory in Windows XP"
>> http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpvm.php
>>
>> Have you emptied the Tempoarary Internet Files folder and the Temp folder
>> in C:\Documents and Settings\<Account Name>\Local Settings
>>

>> "saturnin02" <saturnin02_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> WIN XP HE
>>> Hi,
>>> I want to defrag my C drive but I get the message:
>>> "Not enough space to defrag. Defrag needs 15% to defrag and only 11% is
>>> available. Do you still want to defrag?"
>>> There nothing else I can delete from the drive to create more space.
>>> Can I go ahead with the defrag anyway or will it just not work?
>>> Tx,

November 14, 2004 10:26:24 AM

It won't work as well. But will still work. You may need to defrag more than once.

http://www.uscricket.com
"saturnin02" <saturnin02_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:utRt14byEHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> WIN XP HE
> Hi,
> I want to defrag my C drive but I get the message:
> "Not enough space to defrag. Defrag needs 15% to defrag and only 11% is
> available. Do you still want to defrag?"
> There nothing else I can delete from the drive to create more space.
> Can I go ahead with the defrag anyway or will it just not work?
> Tx,

November 14, 2004 10:26:25 AM

OK, David. So, I'll go ahead and defrag anyway.
David Candy wrote:
> It won't work as well. But will still work. You may need to defrag more
> than once.
>
>> WIN XP HE
>> Hi,
>> I want to defrag my C drive but I get the message:
>> "Not enough space to defrag. Defrag needs 15% to defrag and only 11% is
>> available. Do you still want to defrag?"
>> There nothing else I can delete from the drive to create more space.
>> Can I go ahead with the defrag anyway or will it just not work?
>> Tx,
November 14, 2004 1:06:27 PM

Doh,
you can also archive (on the same drive but with a smaller size) with rar or
zip all or some of your less used documents.
"Michael" <afn18721@afn.org> wrote in message
> How large is your HDD?
> You can delete some stuf, minimize page file etc as suggested by others -
> hence, I guess a 20 to 40 GB HDD or even less.
> You can compress the drive or play with the file system to get a smaller
> size.
> All in all, once you are in this position, you'll have to buy a new hard
> drive.
> Michael
> "saturnin02" <saturnin02_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> WIN XP HE
>> Hi,
>> I want to defrag my C drive but I get the message:
>> "Not enough space to defrag. Defrag needs 15% to defrag and only 11% is
>> available. Do you still want to defrag?"
>> There nothing else I can delete from the drive to create more space.
>> Can I go ahead with the defrag anyway or will it just not work?
>> Tx,

November 14, 2004 3:07:25 PM

saturnin02 wrote:

>I want to defrag my C drive but I get the message:
>"Not enough space to defrag. Defrag needs 15% to defrag and only 11% is
>available. Do you still want to defrag?"
>There nothing else I can delete from the drive to create more space.
>Can I go ahead with the defrag anyway or will it just not work?

It will just not work. You will need to move something off to a
different drive or to backup. If you have not done it you can probably
reclaim quite a lot with a run of
Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - Disk Cleanup
Aside from the obvious, its More Options has a button to delete all but
the most recent restore point.

A third party program that does not have this needs for lots of free
space - and which also consolidates the free space is Perfect Disk
(www.raxco.com)

November 14, 2004 8:46:41 PM

Being a Dell with their (usually) bastardized setup; rather than upgrading &
having to go out & buy a new XP install disk or a Ghosting program, I'd go
for adding a second drive, leave the OS on the first drive & cut/paste any
independent data (such as Word docs, PDFs, large images etc - anything not
directly tied down to your OS) to the 2nd. drive to free up space.
At a later stage, when you install new programs - elect the 2nd. drive as
the install location.

--

johnf

> Hi Chuck
> I Happened to notice your conversation and have interest in upgrading
> my HD from 10GB's. Appreciate if you could direct me to the website
> where I can purchase a HD in the price range you mentioned. My OS is
> WinxpHE Dell Inspiron 4000. Thanks for more info
>

> "Chuck Davis" wrote:
>

>> "saturnin02" wrote:
>>
>> > WIN XP HE
>> > Hi,
>> > I want to defrag my C drive but I get the message:
>> > "Not enough space to defrag. Defrag needs 15% to defrag and only
>> > 11% is available. Do you still want to defrag?"
>> > There nothing else I can delete from the drive to create more space.
>> > Can I go ahead with the defrag anyway or will it just not work?
>> > Tx,
>> >

>> You are obviously in need of additional hard drive space. 80GB drives
>> are about $40. Install one and drag move most everything except
>> program files to it.
Anonymous
November 14, 2004 8:46:42 PM

Being somewhat of a novice (me that is). Is adding a second drive a
complicated procedure. If not can you point me in the right direction. Many
thanks for your previous reply
Franktee

"johnf" wrote:

> Being a Dell with their (usually) bastardized setup; rather than upgrading &
> having to go out & buy a new XP install disk or a Ghosting program, I'd go
> for adding a second drive, leave the OS on the first drive & cut/paste any
> independent data (such as Word docs, PDFs, large images etc - anything not
> directly tied down to your OS) to the 2nd. drive to free up space.
> At a later stage, when you install new programs - elect the 2nd. drive as
> the install location.
>
> --
>
> johnf
>
> > Hi Chuck
> > I Happened to notice your conversation and have interest in upgrading
> > my HD from 10GB's. Appreciate if you could direct me to the website
> > where I can purchase a HD in the price range you mentioned. My OS is
> > WinxpHE Dell Inspiron 4000. Thanks for more info

> >> You are obviously in need of additional hard drive space. 80GB drives
> >> are about $40. Install one and drag move most everything except
> >> program files to it.

Anonymous
November 14, 2004 8:46:43 PM

On most computers, no it is not difficult. Consult your owner's manual or
your computer maker's website.

> Being somewhat of a novice (me that is). Is adding a second drive a
> complicated procedure. If not can you point me in the right direction.
> Many
> thanks for your previous reply
> Franktee
>
> "johnf" wrote:
>
>> Being a Dell with their (usually) bastardized setup; rather than
>> upgrading &
>> having to go out & buy a new XP install disk or a Ghosting program, I'd
>> go
>> for adding a second drive, leave the OS on the first drive & cut/paste
>> any
>> independent data (such as Word docs, PDFs, large images etc - anything
>> not
>> directly tied down to your OS) to the 2nd. drive to free up space.
>> At a later stage, when you install new programs - elect the 2nd. drive as
>> the install location.
>>
>> --
>>
>> johnf
>>
>> > Hi Chuck
>> > I Happened to notice your conversation and have interest in upgrading
>> > my HD from 10GB's. Appreciate if you could direct me to the website
>> > where I can purchase a HD in the price range you mentioned. My OS is
>> > WinxpHE Dell Inspiron 4000. Thanks for more info

Anonymous
November 15, 2004 10:24:28 AM

On 11/13/2004 3:20:18 PM, "saturnin02" wrote:
>WIN XP HE
>Hi,
>I want to defrag my C drive but I get the message:
>"Not enough space to defrag. Defrag needs 15% to defrag and only 11% is
>available. Do you still want to defrag?"
>There nothing else I can delete from the drive to create more space.
>Can I go ahead with the defrag anyway or will it just not work?
>Tx,

can you move your page file to another partition?
hth
Kristi

--
Shuttle AN35N Ultra, XP2600Bart, 768mb, GeF4Ti4200, WinXP Pro SP2
* * *

There's plenty of basic info if you Google for it. just type in "adding a
second drive"

One example I found in a few secs was -
http://www.perfectdrivers.com/howto/seconddrive.html

It's not hard, the first thing to do is find your Motherboard book, see what
type it is & identify the sockets you will need to work with.
Then take the cover off the PC, find whether you have one or two flat ribbon
connectors and where they're connected to.

--

johnf

> Being somewhat of a novice (me that is). Is adding a second drive a
> complicated procedure. If not can you point me in the right direction.
> Many thanks for your previous reply
> Franktee
>
> "johnf" wrote:
>
>> Being a Dell with their (usually) bastardized setup; rather than
>> upgrading & having to go out & buy a new XP install disk or a Ghosting
>> program, I'd go for adding a second drive, leave the OS on the first
>> drive & cut/paste any independent data (such as Word docs, PDFs, large
>> images etc - anything not directly tied down to your OS) to the 2nd.
>> drive to free up space.
>> At a later stage, when you install new programs - elect the 2nd. drive
>> as the install location.
>>
>> --
>>
>> johnf
>>
>> > Hi Chuck
>> > I Happened to notice your conversation and have interest in upgrading
>> > my HD from 10GB's. Appreciate if you could direct me to the website
>> > where I can purchase a HD in the price range you mentioned. My OS is
>> > WinxpHE Dell Inspiron 4000. Thanks for more info

November 15, 2004 10:40:25 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

The way I read it, saturnin02 only has one small unpartitioned drive, which
has reached its capacity.

--

johnf

> On 11/13/2004 3:20:18 PM, "saturnin02" wrote:
>>WIN XP HE
>>Hi,
>>I want to defrag my C drive but I get the message:
>>"Not enough space to defrag. Defrag needs 15% to defrag and only 11% is
>>available. Do you still want to defrag?"
>>There nothing else I can delete from the drive to create more space.
>>Can I go ahead with the defrag anyway or will it just not work?
>>Tx,
>>

> can you move your page file to another partition?
> hth
> Kristi
>
> --
> Shuttle AN35N Ultra, XP2600Bart, 768mb, GeF4Ti4200, WinXP Pro SP2
> * * *
> Defragger Raxco PerfectDisk6 rocks! fast! (I do not work for Raxco)
Anonymous
November 15, 2004 10:40:26 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

This is fixed. I think I posted what was done--namely disable the
"hibernate" function....

johnf wrote:
> The way I read it, saturnin02 only has one small unpartitioned drive,
> which has reached its capacity.
>

>> On 11/13/2004 3:20:18 PM, "saturnin02" wrote:
>>> WIN XP HE
>>> Hi,
>>> I want to defrag my C drive but I get the message:
>>> "Not enough space to defrag. Defrag needs 15% to defrag and only 11% is
>>> available. Do you still want to defrag?"
>>> There nothing else I can delete from the drive to create more space.
>>> Can I go ahead with the defrag anyway or will it just not work?
>>> Tx,
>>>

>> can you move your page file to another partition?
>> hth
>> Kristi
>>
>> --
>> Shuttle AN35N Ultra, XP2600Bart, 768mb, GeF4Ti4200, WinXP Pro SP2
>> * * *
>> Defragger Raxco PerfectDisk6 rocks! fast! (I do not work for Raxco)
Anonymous
November 15, 2004 10:40:27 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

That's not a fix; it's a workaround. You need a bigger hard disk.
--
Ted Zieglar

> This is fixed. I think I posted what was done--namely disable the
> "hibernate" function....
>
> johnf wrote:
> > The way I read it, saturnin02 only has one small unpartitioned drive,
> > which has reached its capacity.

> >> can you move your page file to another partition?
> >> hth
> >> Kristi
> >>
> >> --
> >> Shuttle AN35N Ultra, XP2600Bart, 768mb, GeF4Ti4200, WinXP Pro SP2
> >> * * *
> >> Defragger Raxco PerfectDisk6 rocks! fast! (I do not work for Raxco)

November 15, 2004 10:40:27 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

If you hate large hard drives, you can try the free XPLite at
http://www.litepc.com/xplite.html
XPLite allows you to trim XP beyond what you can unisntall in Windows
componenets; however, at $40 for the Pro XPLite, you are better off buying a
larger HDD :)
Michael
"saturnin02" <saturnin02_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> This is fixed. I think I posted what was done--namely disable the
> "hibernate" function....
>
> johnf wrote:
>> The way I read it, saturnin02 only has one small unpartitioned drive,
>> which has reached its capacity.

>>> can you move your page file to another partition?
>>> hth
>>> Kristi
>>>
>>> --
>>> Shuttle AN35N Ultra, XP2600Bart, 768mb, GeF4Ti4200, WinXP Pro SP2
>>> * * *
>>> Defragger Raxco PerfectDisk6 rocks! fast! (I do not work for Raxco)

November 15, 2004 10:40:28 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:31:55 -0500, "Michael" <afn18721@afn.org>
wrote:

Correction to your post.... XP Lite is NOT free, you can download a
FREE TRIAL. However, after the trial period you either pay for it or
stop using it.

>If you hate large hard drives, you can try the free XPLite at
>http://www.litepc.com/xplite.html
>XPLite allows you to trim XP beyond what you can unisntall in Windows
>componenets; however, at $40 for the Pro XPLite, you are better off buying a
>larger HDD :)
>Michael

>"saturnin02" <saturnin02_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> This is fixed. I think I posted what was done--namely disable the
>> "hibernate" function....
>>
>> johnf wrote:
>>> The way I read it, saturnin02 only has one small unpartitioned drive,
>>> which has reached its capacity.

November 16, 2004 12:06:10 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Maybe. I tried the trial one and allows uninstalling some Windows
components - while most others uninstall options are available only in the
Pro edition. I did not bother to check any farther since I uninstalled the
"free" version anyway.
Michael

"CS" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 16:31:55 -0500, "Michael" <afn18721@afn.org>
> wrote:
>
> Correction to your post.... XP Lite is NOT free, you can download a
> FREE TRIAL. However, after the trial period you either pay for it or
> stop using it.
>
>>If you hate large hard drives, you can try the free XPLite at
>>http://www.litepc.com/xplite.html
>>XPLite allows you to trim XP beyond what you can unisntall in Windows
>>componenets; however, at $40 for the Pro XPLite, you are better off buying
>>larger HDD :)
>>Michael
>
>>"saturnin02" <saturnin02_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> This is fixed. I think I posted what was done--namely disable the

Anonymous
November 16, 2004 12:16:56 AM

On 11/15/2004 12:10:04 PM, "saturnin02" wrote:
>This is fixed. I think I posted what was done--namely disable the
>"hibernate" function....
>
>johnf wrote:
>> The way I read it, saturnin02 only has one small unpartitioned drive,
>> which has reached its capacity.

>>> can you move your page file to another partition?
>>> hth
>>> Kristi
>>>
>>> --
>>> Shuttle AN35N Ultra, XP2600Bart, 768mb, GeF4Ti4200, WinXP Pro SP2
>>> * * *
>>> Defragger Raxco PerfectDisk6 rocks! fast! (I do not work for Raxco)

Okay - download the free 30 day trial of Raxco's PerfectDisk6, defrag it,
then get a larger disk! hth
Kristi

--
!