problem with Road Challange"

Last response: in Video Games
Share
May 31, 2004 12:40:01 PM

I have for a long time, "Road Challenge".
Since a have, long time ago, another computer, the games wil not working.
I have always the remark "please insert disc".
It IS the legal version, but the illegal version have the same problem. Once
I have changed the drive letter, I have change the cd rom player to, but
nothing helps.
Cd is in drive "L", the games is in stanard map on "M"
My grandson wil play with....so who can help??

Thank,
Hans (from Holland)

More about : problem road challange

Anonymous
May 31, 2004 3:41:00 PM

"Hans" <hans@DITVERWIJDERENvan-der-ham.net> wrote in message
> I have for a long time, "Road Challenge".
> Since a have, long time ago, another computer, the games wil not working.
> I have always the remark "please insert disc".
> It IS the legal version, but the illegal version have the same problem.
Once
> I have changed the drive letter, I have change the cd rom player to, but
> nothing helps.
> Cd is in drive "L", the games is in stanard map on "M"
> My grandson wil play with....so who can help??
>
> Thank,
> Hans (from Holland)

Are you running any software like Daemon tools or Alcohol 120%? Anything
like that which creates a virtual CD drive can cause problems.

If you are, then try disabling all the virtual CD drives and re-installing
the game.

--
Quinda
Anonymous

"Hans" <hans@DITVERWIJDERENvan-der-ham.net> wrote in message
> I have for a long time, "Road Challenge".
> Since a have, long time ago, another computer, the games wil not
working.
> I have always the remark "please insert disc".
> It IS the legal version, but the illegal version have the same
problem. Once
> I have changed the drive letter, I have change the cd rom player to,
but
> nothing helps.
> Cd is in drive "L", the games is in stanard map on "M"
> My grandson wil play with....so who can help??

RC only works with the CD in the FIRST CD drive in the system. If you
have swapped drive letters, you will probably have to reinstall.

--KC
June 1, 2004 3:45:35 PM

On Mon, 31 May 2004 15:44:14 GMT, "Kasey Chang \(remove EATSPAM to reply\)"
<kschang77@eatspamhotmail.com> wrote:

>"Hans" <hans@DITVERWIJDERENvan-der-ham.net> wrote in message
>> I have for a long time, "Road Challenge".
>> Since a have, long time ago, another computer, the games wil not
>working.
>> I have always the remark "please insert disc".
>> It IS the legal version, but the illegal version have the same
>problem. Once
>> I have changed the drive letter, I have change the cd rom player to,
>but
>> nothing helps.
>> Cd is in drive "L", the games is in stanard map on "M"
>> My grandson wil play with....so who can help??
>
>RC only works with the CD in the FIRST CD drive in the system. If you
>have swapped drive letters, you will probably have to reinstall.
>
>--KC

Never mind, I was going to suggest you to try something, but it won't work.
You can disregard it now, my original idea was as follows.

Run Regedit, then go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\Need For Speed High Stakes\1.0\

The key in question is "SrcDrive", which should contain the CD drive letter,
or in your particular case, "L:\" (mine is "Q:\").
Of course, since the name varies between "High Stakes" and "Road Challenge"
depending on what language your installation is in, the actual entry could be
a little different, maybe something like

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\Need For Speed Road Challenge\1.0\

But I just tried it (changing "Q:\" to "W:\") and it didn't work. Maybe it's
a good idea to do a full install (if you have enough space) and then apply a
no-cd crack, that should also protect your original CD from all the wear and
tear.

--
__________ ____---____ Marco Antonio Checa Funcke
\_________D /-/---_----' Santiago de Surco, Lima, Peru

remove the "no_me_j." and ".sons.of" parts before replying
!