When I first started using computers, I composed many .bat files to carry
out repetitive tasks. Now I'm using Windows, I would like to write batch
files for friends, to help them do certain tasks.

Can I do the same under Windows?

--
Many Thanks

Enquirer

"enquirer" <enquirer.com@virgin.net> wrote in message

> When I first started using computers, I composed many .bat files to carry
> out repetitive tasks. Now I'm using Windows, I would like to write batch
> files for friends, to help them do certain tasks.
>
> Can I do the same under Windows?

If you're asking whether batch files work under Windows, yes they do.

However, depending on what it is you're trying to accomplish, a batch file
may or may not be an appropriate tool.

--
Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP Shell/User
Please Reply to the Newsgroup

Yes, however there are a few commands that don't work in XP.

New ways to do familiar tasks...

Start | Run | Copy and paste the following line:

%windir%\hh.exe ms-its:C:\WINDOWS\Help\ntcmds.chm::/dos_diffs.htm

Click OK.

Scroll down to Unavailable MS-DOS Commands

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:e7uld.2310$uy6.315@newsfe5-win.ntli.net,