Batch Files

When I first started using computers, I composed many .bat files to carry
out repetitive tasks. Now I'm using Windows, I would like to write batch
files for friends, to help them do certain tasks.

Can I do the same under Windows?

--
Many Thanks

Enquirer
2 answers Last reply
More about batch files

    "enquirer" <enquirer.com@virgin.net> wrote in message

    > When I first started using computers, I composed many .bat files to carry
    > out repetitive tasks. Now I'm using Windows, I would like to write batch
    > files for friends, to help them do certain tasks.
    >
    > Can I do the same under Windows?

    If you're asking whether batch files work under Windows, yes they do.

    However, depending on what it is you're trying to accomplish, a batch file
    may or may not be an appropriate tool.

    --
    Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP Shell/User
    Please Reply to the Newsgroup

    Yes, however there are a few commands that don't work in XP.

    New ways to do familiar tasks...

    Start | Run | Copy and paste the following line:

    %windir%\hh.exe ms-its:C:\WINDOWS\Help\ntcmds.chm::/dos_diffs.htm

    Click OK.

    Scroll down to Unavailable MS-DOS Commands

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:e7uld.2310$uy6.315@newsfe5-win.ntli.net,
    enquirer <enquirer.com@virgin.net> hunted and pecked:
    > When I first started using computers, I composed many .bat files to
    > carry out repetitive tasks. Now I'm using Windows, I would like to
    > write batch files for friends, to help them do certain tasks.
    >
    > Can I do the same under Windows?

Computers Microsoft Windows XP