XP SP1 Desktop Themes Missing

Rudy

I was going to change my Desktop Theme today, but the only ones that were
listed were "My Current Theme|Windows Xp|Windows Classic|More Themes
Online...|Browse..|"

What could have happened to my themes???

Go to Start > Run and type: SERVICES.MSC , and hit enter.
Scroll down to "Themes", right-click on it and select Properties.
Then select startup type as "Automatic" and click on "Start".

Visit http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll down to
Item No. 271 "Stuck in Classic View? - Undo Now"

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Kelly Theriot]

HOW TO: Configure Desktop Themes in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307855&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP