Asus A8S-X motherboard no display

jeffparkins

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
Hi All,

This is my first posting, so please bear with me!

I'm beginning to doubt my ability to build PC's. I have built many in the past, but this is really confusing me.

Just bought an Asus A8S-X motherboard and Athlon 64 3200+ processor.

I have the motherboard, processor and heatsink and 1 gig RAM all installed in the case. PC powers to all the fans, but nothing going to display. I have used different PCI display cards in here which worked in other PC's.

Thanks
Jeff

jeffparkins

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
:oops:

I neglected to mention, that I have tried this mobo with 2 working PSU's - one 350w and one 430w (i believe!)

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jeff

jeffparkins

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
Does the video card "have" to be PCI Express? I am using a PCI graphics card in one of the PCI slots.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Jeff

jeffparkins

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
thanks, but can't get into bios - no display!! ;-)

spoken to tech support on site where i bought from, they said send back mobo and processor as 1/both possibly faulty... let's hope so, driving me nuts!

RyanMicah

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
Hey Jeff, I'm having the same issue with this board. I've got several 939 computers. I'm going to RMA this mobo, and see if they won't just give me face value for it. I think it's a really crappy board. I tried both PCI and PCI-E cards, one of each. Both VGA and DVI and different monitors. I reseated the ram, let the power run out on everything, tried clearing CMOS too. Nothing. The cards both work, I tested them. The mobo is faulty. RMA it.

Chas2

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2007
A8S-X Mobo owners:
Iam having the same problem, built a new sys with this mb and a
AMD Athlon 64 with a
Asus EN6200TC512/TD/256M GeForce 6200TC Video card
New Corsair ValueSelect 1GB(2X512) DDR400 SDRAM 3200 Dual Channal
New Seagate 80 gig HD EIDE 7200/2mb/ATA-100
New Sony Floppy
Used old Hitachi LG CD-RW/DVD-ROM
New FSP Group (Fortron Source) AX500-PN ATX2.2 500W PS
So I plugged every thing in and turn it on and no video, we were told
that no video means RAM is no good, but not sure.
New Video card was very warm when I turned it off. Reset the PCIe card still no Video.
Moved Ram around changed from 1 piece to two still no video.
Iam stumped, unable to start machine with boot disk or boot cd-rom? Still no video.
I put an old Matrox PCI video card in and still no video.
Does any one have any Ideas???????

krhall3273

Distinguished
May 23, 2008
I have had the same problem with three of these boards (I have 5 of them). Two worked just fine out of the box. Three of them had this no video on startup. The PSU and CPU fans come on but no POST or video of any kind. One I RMA'd to Asus. I believe that I have solved the problem on the other two? If you completely power down the motherboard, dis-connect the power cord. Then switch the clear cmos jumper to clear the bios. After the bios is clear (10 - 20 seconds), switch the jumper back and then reconnect the power and turn the system back on. On both of mine they did post and let me go to the bios. It seems that the default setting for over clocking is "AUTO". For some of these boards, it seems, they attempt to over clock to the max and when set there they are not able to boot. Get to that setting and change it to "MANUAL". Set the speed to 200 (the options are 200 - 300). After everything is working and you are satisfied that the system is stable you can start turning it up a little at a time. If you go too far, obviously you'll have to do the complete power down and clear the cmos again. I have settled for 250 and the system runs fine and is plenty fast. Most of all it boots right up every time. I haven't thoroughly tested the other board but have installed WIN XP on it and re-started it several times and it seems to be fine also, once the over clocking setting was changed.