A4 printers for wider-than-A4 paper?

I need an A4 printer which can accept paper 25 cm wide (9,84 inches). I
don't need to print all the way to the right margin, what's important is
that the printer can accommodate the wider paper.

Can anybody suggest a model that will do this? Multifunction printers
are preferred. I'd also prefer to avoid Epson printers because of awful
past experiences (Stylus Color 600 - don't ask).

Thank you in advance for your help!

--
..: Jazzman :.

"Prendere per il culo era facile, il difficile era esserlo di fino"
(R.Bounty su ivd)

zakezuke

> I need an A4 printer which can accept paper 25 cm wide (9,84 inches).
> ...anybody?

Near as i'm aware there isn't an A4 printer that prints beyond 8.5
inches... after all it wouldn't be an a4. Something "might" exist for
a specality application but odds are that such a thing would cost more
than your average consumer a3 printer. I seem to remember some thermal
printers and barcode printers that 9 inch or 10 inch wide, larger than
latter or a4. You unfortunatly have to move up to an A3 printer if you
want to print on stuff 25cm wide near as i'm aware.

Jazzman <jzmn@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I need an A4 printer which can accept paper 25 cm wide (9,84 inches). I
> don't need to print all the way to the right margin, what's important is
> that the printer can accommodate the wider paper.
>
> Can anybody suggest a model that will do this? Multifunction printers
> are preferred. I'd also prefer to avoid Epson printers because of awful
> past experiences (Stylus Color 600 - don't ask).
>
> Thank you in advance for your help!

....anybody?

--

zakezuke <zakezuke_us@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Near as i'm aware there isn't an A4 printer that prints beyond 8.5
> inches... after all it wouldn't be an a4. Something "might" exist for
> a specality application but odds are that such a thing would cost more
> than your average consumer a3 printer. I seem to remember some thermal
> printers and barcode printers that 9 inch or 10 inch wide, larger than
> latter or a4. You unfortunatly have to move up to an A3 printer if you
> want to print on stuff 25cm wide near as i'm aware.

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I don't need to print that wide: I just
need the printer to accept the paper.

For example, my old Epson (A4) could accept paper 25cm wide, even though
it couldn't print that far - but it was OK.

I really hope I can find a current A4 printer that can do the same,
because an A3 would really be overkill for my needs!

--
..: Jazzman :.

"Prendere per il culo era facile, il difficile era esserlo di fino"
(R.Bounty su ivd)

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Jazzman wrote:
> Jazzman <jzmn@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>I need an A4 printer which can accept paper 25 cm wide (9,84 inches). I
>>don't need to print all the way to the right margin, what's important is
>>that the printer can accommodate the wider paper.
>>
>>Can anybody suggest a model that will do this? Multifunction printers
>>are preferred. I'd also prefer to avoid Epson printers because of awful
>>past experiences (Stylus Color 600 - don't ask).
>>
>>Thank you in advance for your help!
>

> ...anybody?

You may have to settle for an A3 printer or something with a separate
feed slot.