Graphics card Poll!

I want to tide myself over till I can afford to buy a whole new rig next year, unfortunately my old 6800 with its 128mb of standard DDR RAM is beginning to show its age, so I want to know which card you would recommend out of these, I have done the work, you just have to hit VOTE.

In case your interested, I want to be able to play Company of Heroes at a good framerate, and I have 3ghz p4, with 1gb RAM!

Ta guys!
15 answers Last reply
More about graphics card poll
  1. I'm torn between the 7600GS and the X850....I think it would depends on a couple things. A) If you overclock or not. B) the games your prefer to play C) how much your willing to spend for cooling and D) what resolutions/settings you play at.
  2. 7600 gt if you can find it near that price is the card to get
  3. I agree with Raven.
  4. Quote:
    7600 gt if you can find it near that price is the card to get

i would love to get my hands on one of those, but the cheapest (and in fact only) one I can find is on overclockers.co.uk for £135.11

Basically,
    A) Im not a pro overclocker, can just get my head around ATI tool or the basic NV tweak progs.
    B) I play mostly strategy and FPS.
    C) Im wouldnt mind spending some money on cooling but cant see the point if I could just use the money to get a better card :)
    D)Usually play at 1024x768, but only cos thats all my current card can handle!

Would any of the cards listed above offer a significant performance leap over my 6800 (which I softmodded to unlock all the pipelines and vertex shaders)?
  5. Sofmodded 6800??

NV40?? If so -- TBH I'd say your $$. The cards you listed wouldnt be much of an upgrade.
  6. Quote:
    The cards you listed wouldnt be much of an upgrade.

For some strangely odd reason I agree. I would say the 7600GT would be a worthy upgrade.
  7. Don't bother upgrading; save your money until you can find something better.
  8. Quote:

i would love to get my hands on one of those, but the cheapest (and in fact only) one I can find is on overclockers.co.uk for £135.11

Basically,
    A) Im not a pro overclocker, can just get my head around ATI tool or the basic NV tweak progs.
    B) I play mostly strategy and FPS.
    C) Im wouldnt mind spending some money on cooling but cant see the point if I could just use the money to get a better card :)
    D)Usually play at 1024x768, but only cos thats all my current card can handle!

Would any of the cards listed above offer a significant performance leap over my 6800 (which I softmodded to unlock all the pipelines and vertex shaders)?

7600GT IS £88 ON OVERCLOCKERS !!!

(http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/7600_Series.html) THIRD ONE DOWN !!!
  9. Not even the 7600GT. Lets say its on par with the 6800U for all respects...that wouldnt even be a major change. Better off getting something else and dropping more $$ or just waiting.
  10. GeForce 7900GS can be had for $179USD on sale. I believe that is in your price ramge and will outperform everything on your list...by far!

Good Luck!
  11. 7900GS can be had for £120 and an X1800XT for £130
  12. Quote:

7600GT IS £88 ON OVERCLOCKERS !!!

(http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/7600_Series.html) THIRD ONE DOWN !!!

yes, but i have an AGP board!

Sorry, should have made that clearer! things become a lot more problematic huh! I hate those bastard graphics companies punishing us for being stingy and not upgrading our whole system!
  13. The 7600GT is available for AGP.
  14. Please post the full specs (stock, and after your overclock/unlock) on your current 6800.
  15. Don't waste your $$ on AGP. AGP is dead. save yer duckets and do a real upgrade after dx10 is out.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards RAM Graphics