Inquirer Review

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
Yes, it's the Inquirer.
Yes, I do take it with a grain of salt.
But they finally tested an E6700 C2D against the FX-62.

Inquirer's Review

Guess, all the AMD fanbois who claimed that all the other review sites were paid off by Intel, will have to put the Inquirer on that list, too.

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
Why even post this? We all know that the core 2's are faster than anything else. A stock E6600 is about as fast if not a little faster than a fx-62 so it would make sense that a 6700 is faster.

I guess I was shocked by the review. I was half expecting the Inquirer to claim that the Core 2 Duo wasn't as good as everyone else was claiming.

Also, since they seem to "favor" AMD, I was even more surprised by their conclusion.

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
It's the 20th of September. Jeeeeeesus they're late with their review.

They probably spent that much time trying to find a situation where it was actually worth buying an FX62. I guess you can only stretch fanboyism so far...

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Yes, it's the Inquirer.
Yes, I do take it with a grain of salt.
But they finally tested an E6700 C2D against the FX-62.

Inquirer's Review

Guess, all the AMD fanbois who claimed that all the other review sites were paid off by Intel, will have to put the Inquirer on that list, too.
I would have been more impressed if Charlie D had written the article. That would have been nice to see him having to praise Intel. :wink:

rupert86

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2006

My experience: its the other way round. The general public is very fond (read: fanboys) of Intel and accuse AMD of bribing all hardware sites. LOLz had AMD so much money (there are literally thousands of enthusiast and consumer review sites) hadn't they had invested it into marketing (on TV etc. b/c majority buyers see it, and not THG).

Doughbuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
Eh... whenever anybody quotes or talks about the inquirer, I just go away in lala land for a while. I hear enough B.S. without people cramming it through my ears.

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
Ho-hum...pointless thread...why link this fodder unless you want to start another useless Intel VS AMD flame thread...

Doesn't that guy 9-Inch post crap like this????

Sorry, but I wasn't going to start an AMD vs. Intel thread.

I was shocked, as I stated, at the Inquirer review, and it's almost unbashed praising of the Core 2 Duo. I just never expected it from them.

Sorry, if you took it as a 9in. type post. At least, I am here still posting in my posts.

*edit*
If everyone thinks I did started this post to start a war, I will gladly ask the moderators to lock this thread. I don't want to start a flame-fest over a review.

My point is that the review didn't claim ridiculous monitor settings (1600x1200) as "mainstream" gaming res, nor did they claim any outrageous results ("C2D destroyed FX by 19000%" /sarcasm).

I have always seen the Inquirer as a place that seems to post favorable AMD news, and this was different. Yes, if Charlie D would've done the review, with the same results, I would've reserved my ski trip in hell, since it would've been frozen over, but nonetheless, it was something I never thought I would see in the Inquirer.

Again, I apologize if people thought I posted this as a way to start a CPU war. It wasn't my intention.

Sorry, but I wasn't going to start an AMD vs. Intel thread...If everyone thinks I did started this post to start a war, I will gladly ask the moderators to lock this thread. I don't want to start a flame-fest over a review...My point is that the review didn't claim ridiculous monitor settings (1600x1200) as "mainstream" gaming res, nor did they claim any outrageous results ("C2D destroyed FX by 19000%" /sarcasm).

Point taken about the review and kudos to you for following up like you did. :eek: Actually gives a sense of integrity back to the forums.