Sign in with
Your question

Need a new gaming box but I'm clueless

Last response: in Systems
September 20, 2006 9:32:42 PM

Hey guys, I'm in dire need of a new system but I have been out of the hardware loop for a few years. Basically I have $750 or so to spend on a new box and I'd like to get the most bang for my buck for gaming. Any suggestions?

More about : gaming box clueless

September 20, 2006 9:54:11 PM

Thanks for the replys guys. Looks like some things changed, I would of never thought Intel would be getting chosen over AMD for gaming. One question, right now I have a AMD 2500+ Barton, the CPU listed is an Intel 1.86GHz, so what is the big difference between the two since the speed in Ghz is the same? (Sorry if that's a really dumb question)
September 21, 2006 3:56:44 AM

Definetly everything lies within the arquitechture now. Also since its second generation dual core alot of things have happend since the barton days. Look at the CPU charts from toms hardware and youll see more of what im talking about.

I would say get an Antec case with a PSU.
E6300
2GBs of DDR2 533 CL3 (because youll be synchronized with the FSB meaning in a performance boost and this is an excellent $/performance point) if you cant afford DDR2 800 with 4-4-4-12 timings
X1900XT
Any motherboard with a reliable brand and with the 975X or 965 chipset (check thats Core 2 duo compatible) that you like really like would do.
Related resources
!