How do they cheat online with NFSU?

Last response: in Video Games
June 10, 2004 4:28:34 AM

I have been racing online for a little while now and I cannot understand
how some people cheat! I'll be racing, my opponent wipes out...they are
backwards and banging into everything. I blow by them...then 1/2 a second
(literally) they are 7 or 8 car lengths ahead of me and going full speed. I
don't want to know how to do it so that I can cheat...I want to know how I
can race and make it an even match. I'm a pretty good racer and I am
getting creamed online! Can someone please help??
- Wudoc -

More about : cheat online nfsu

Anonymous
June 11, 2004 1:56:50 PM

> I have been racing online for a little while now and I cannot
understand
> how some people cheat! I'll be racing, my opponent wipes out...they are
> backwards and banging into everything. I blow by them...then 1/2 a second
> (literally) they are 7 or 8 car lengths ahead of me and going full speed.
> don't want to know how to do it so that I can cheat...I want to know how I
> can race and make it an even match. I'm a pretty good racer and I am
> getting creamed online! Can someone please help??

Several reasons:
- Lag. What rendered on your screen by your game wasn't exactly what had
happened.
- It is well known that the engine/physics of NFSU isn't realistic. In
certain spots it will indeed make your car go faster by banging into walls.
- You think yourself very good at something, but there's always people out
there that is better at it than you do. That's the truth unless you're very
famous, e.g. you're Tiger Woods or Steven Hawkins.

Solutions:
- Play with people you know personally. If you see the same happens again,
you know they're not cheating and its lag.
- Setup LAN games instead, if possible.
!