Purchasing New Pocket Pc

January 20, 2005 2:00:40 AM

I am purchasing a new Pocket PC either Dell Axim X50 or HP Ipaq hx2410 or
something compatable. I have had an Ipaq in the past but it broke and I
need to purchase a new one. I am not sure of the quality of Dell, or is
there another one out there that i should look at?

Thanks Ron

More about : purchasing pocket

January 20, 2005 4:24:02 AM

Ron Melser wrote:

> I am purchasing a new Pocket PC either Dell Axim X50 or HP Ipaq hx2410 or
> something compatable. I have had an Ipaq in the past but it broke and I
> need to purchase a new one. I am not sure of the quality of Dell, or is
> there another one out there that i should look at?
>
> Thanks Ron

Ron,

I just upgraded from a 3-yr old iPaq 3670 to the iPaq 4155...and I love it.
I really like the smaller size, very comfortable form factor and built-in
Wi-Fi.
The screen is excellent. It's also very fast. I popped a 512MB SD card in the
slot for all my extra data. It doesn't slow it down a bit.

Scott
January 20, 2005 7:55:59 AM

I'd take a look at ASUS myPal products. Very nice and very affordable.
There are several websites out there that can do comparisons.

Pocket PC Magazine Buyer's Guide
http://www.pocketpcmag.com/bg04/ppcs.asp

CEWindows.Net
http://www.cewindows.net/faqs/comparison/

Dave's PDA
http://www.davesdpa.com/resources/compare/index.htm

My Product Advisor
http://www.myproductadvisor.com/mpa/home.do

Microsoft's own Device Comparison Chart
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/devices/compare....
January 20, 2005 10:50:14 PM

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 23:00:40 -0500, "Ron Melser"
<r.melser@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>I am purchasing a new Pocket PC either Dell Axim X50 or HP Ipaq hx2410 or
>something compatable. I have had an Ipaq in the past but it broke and I
>need to purchase a new one. I am not sure of the quality of Dell, or is
>there another one out there that i should look at?
>
>Thanks Ron

I've had both, I found the Dell better quality. And the battery life
was better on the Dell.

January 21, 2005 2:04:12 AM

Just be certain to THINK and DEFINE what you need the PPC to do before
you buy it. (My favorite harp).

David H
Come on baby lite my fire: http://www.spreadfirefox.com

!