Lag issues

LVDAX

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
Alright at first i thought is was me but after asking around and doing some troubleshooting of my own i have found that it is not an isolated event.
Since Monday morning I have had major lag issues with the Forums. Whenever i try to do anything in here it lags for about 45-60 seconds and then loads. This has nothing to do with my computer or provider as it happens both at work, home and at our Co-location facility. Are you guys aware of this issue yet?

This is not a internet browser issue either as i get it in IE6 & 7 and Firefox 1 & 2.

Just a heads up...
~Cheers

exit2dos

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
You can tell that it's system-wide by the amount of double posts. Since they're not getting immediate responses, users are clicking "Submit" two or three times.

exit2dos

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
You can tell that it's system-wide by the amount of double posts. Since their not getting immediate responses, users are clicking "Submit" two or three times.

LVDAX

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
ahhh... That will do it...
Do you know if the new drive was the same size as the old or larger?? I assume they are running a high level of RAID(level 5 most likely).

@VB: Yes it seems to do really well before 9AM and just after 4ish PST. Probably has to do with amount of use of the site...

VBDude

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006
Yes it seems to do really well before 9AM and just after 4ish PST. Probably has to do with amount of use of the site...
That's odd, because I first noticed the problem between 4pm and 9am PST. It now seems to be isolated to the times you specified, but it didn't start that way. For me anyway. :?

RCPilot

Champion
I have no idea..... We just got word that a HDD was changing & the forum would go down for about 15 minutes....

I didn't see the forum go down, but I did see things get real slow..... It acts better this morning though.....

exit2dos

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
*Replaces Mugz's death metal with The Best of Tom Jones.*

*Points & laughs at the TGSaviour dancing like Carlton.[/Fresh Prince]*

That display ought to cure her nymphomania.

It's not unusual to be loved by anyone...

Mugz

Splendid
Oct 27, 2006
You fucking bastard! [must stop dancing...] I am really going to get you for this! AARGH!

*tears babel fish out of ear and drops it into a bucket of bleach and weak hydrochloric acid solution in an attempt to disinfect it*

Besides, now that I've gotten used to it, I'm kind of enjoying the nymphomania, thanks all the same.

Now then... *calls down a plague of dung beetles on E2D*

exit2dos

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2006
*Dung Beetles absorb the blast of the HHG. [/Cross Threading.]*

*Escapes into Mugz Lab ventilation system.*

Haha, you're going to be in trouble when the e2d hits the fan.