p8ntslinger676

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
Ok my dad asked me to build him a new dual boot computer for him for his work. Well i know pretty much everything there is to know about pc's but little to nothing about macs, so i was just wondering...what is the new dual boot version of OS X, i know its x86 so does this mean it could run on either AMD or Intel, or just Intel. I really havent kept up with the mac market cus im a gamer and macs arent the best things for games but my dad wanted this and i said i could do it for him. So a little help would be greatly appriciated.

Dante_Jose_Cuervo

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
Hmm.. this is interesting. Would you happen to be talking about BootCamp? The thing that runs OSX on a mac or Intel is called like somethine x86. YOu can learn more by searching the web but I haven't found much other than hacks.

p8ntslinger676

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
ya its x 86 but im just having some problems getting started with it cus i would love to do this cus im always building stuff and doing things mechanically and i think it would be badass if i could get it to work

Dante_Jose_Cuervo

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
Well that much I know, but I've never actually used the programs. Hmm... as long as you can get it you should be fine. Let me look for a link:

http://www.osx86project.org/

This should have all the info you're looking for.