Dual Monitor problem w/ 7950gx2

genx401

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2006
I'm using nvidia 7950gx2 and for some reason I can't get dual monitor to work. I've enable window spanning across multiple displays on nview and tried it on desktop/settings but other monitor just stays blank.

I can right click desktop -> nvidia display - > monitor
then nView Display Setting. From there nView display mode: only says single display

but i look on current display I can switch between the monitor i'm using now and the other monitor but only one will stay on. Anybody knows how to fix this ?

Kirlia

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2006
I am having the same problem, but I think I know why only one monitor is showing up. Both my monitors are VGA, and both adaptors on my card (eVGA one) are DVI, granted the card came with 2 VGA->DVI adaptors, but do 2 VGA monitors work? My computer detects the second monitor, nothing shows up on the 2nd monitor's screen :( (I tried useing windows to extend my desktop as well as nView, nView also only shows up as single display). Both monitors work on the (as you look at the card) the left plug, but both do not show anything on the right plug.

I will be messing with it more tonight

Does this sound like your problem?

hball

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2006
You're currently running your 7950GX2 in SLI mode; you'll have to disable SLI to run another monitor.

Yes, what he said. You have the choice of either Dual GPU mode or Dual Monitor mode, not both.

hball

genx401

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2006
thanks not just one more problem, I can't open the Nvidia Control panel to disable it. I've search online and there wasn't any direct answers on how to get Nvidia Control Panel to open.