Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Slink's specials (oh, so long ago)

Tags:
  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 8:02:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

I'm going through my creatures site rooting out dead links and came
across this site. It seems like a lot of the stuff that was on there
(see
http://web.archive.org/web/20020601191256/http://www.ja...)
is still valuable and ought to be preserved, but it doesn't seem to be
on the internet anymore now that Jann's old site is dead...

Are the contents floating around somewhere? Could they perhaps be
collected together again to be put, if permissible, on fuzzie's linode?

--
Alex Watson <s/deadspam/froup/ to reply>
http://www.zen24203.zen.co.uk/

More about : slink specials long ago

Anonymous
September 4, 2005 8:34:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

Alex Watson wrote:
> I'm going through my creatures site rooting out dead links and came
> across this site. It seems like a lot of the stuff that was on there
> (see
> http://web.archive.org/web/20020601191256/http://www.ja...)
> is still valuable and ought to be preserved, but it doesn't seem to be
> on the internet anymore now that Jann's old site is dead...
>
> Are the contents floating around somewhere? Could they perhaps be
> collected together again to be put, if permissible, on fuzzie's linode?

fuzzie points out that they're available at
http://creatures.treesprite.com/Slink.html under the title "Slink's
treasures". Although on closer inspection it doesn't have *every*thing
from slink's specials... But I suppose that, being brutally honest,
nobody's really going to want e.g. the starter worlds again. And that
makes me sad.


--
Alex Watson <s/deadspam/froup/ to reply>
http://www.zen24203.zen.co.uk/
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 3:23:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

Alex Watson <alexwatson@deadspam.com> wrote in news:431b13dc$0$25464
$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk:

> Alex Watson wrote:
>> I'm going through my creatures site rooting out dead links and came
>> across this site. It seems like a lot of the stuff that was on there
>> (see
>>
http://web.archive.org/web/20020601191256/http://www.ja...
toc.htm)
>> is still valuable and ought to be preserved, but it doesn't seem to be
>> on the internet anymore now that Jann's old site is dead...
>>
>> Are the contents floating around somewhere? Could they perhaps be
>> collected together again to be put, if permissible, on fuzzie's linode?
>
> fuzzie points out that they're available at
> http://creatures.treesprite.com/Slink.html under the title "Slink's
> treasures". Although on closer inspection it doesn't have *every*thing
> from slink's specials... But I suppose that, being brutally honest,
> nobody's really going to want e.g. the starter worlds again. And that
> makes me sad.
>

It's *possible* that Caro may still have a backup copy of all that stuff
(that is if I can't find it myself..) Caro was the original Author of the
Slinks Specials site, I only hosted it for her until I lost my Domain (heh
hadn't realised you had to keep paying for it every year--duh!) =)

Caro? 0.0


--
x0tix: "x0tix xtrmly oogh! Eat toy!"
Malveka: "I'm convinced now that they used YOUR genome as a basis for the
norns. 8^)"
..
....and still there after all these years, an historical glimpse of Creatures
nostalgia (most external links broken):
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/agc-toc.htm >
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c1faq.htm >
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c2faq.htm >
Related resources
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 1:26:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

xOtix <also@this.is.invalid> wrote:

>It's *possible* that Caro may still have a backup copy of all that stuff
>(that is if I can't find it myself..) Caro was the original Author of the
>Slinks Specials site, I only hosted it for her until I lost my Domain (heh
>hadn't realised you had to keep paying for it every year--duh!) =)
>
>Caro? 0.0

Hmm? You called? Yup, I've got all that stuff still -- I thought I'd
sent it all to Treesprite a couple of years ago, but maybe she didn't
want to put it all up. I could re-create the whole dang thing exactly
as it was somewhere if people really wanted it...? Would take a while
though, as Real Life is going like the clappers, but "Barkiss is
Willin'"

Cheers

Carolyn
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 4:47:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

Carolyn Horn <hex-help@hornsc.clara.co.uk> wrote in
news:D jnqh1tf5lpa1frou3eg81aju6purnbaek@4ax.com:

>>Caro? 0.0
>
> Hmm? You called?

Aye! Glad to see you are on the ball. ;) )


Yup, I've got all that stuff still -- I thought I'd
> sent it all to Treesprite a couple of years ago, but maybe she didn't
> want to put it all up. I could re-create the whole dang thing exactly
> as it was somewhere if people really wanted it...?

Yes, please... The pages show up there it seems but the downloads are gone.

Would take a while
> though, as Real Life is going like the clappers, but "Barkiss is
> Willin'"

Oh my pore braaaayne!!!11!1!

"Barkiss is Willin'" ??? Where the H is that from. /me needs to reread
something.

<aside>
We dubbed the medium-sized black dog up the road "Barcuss" because he'd
follow us up and down the road outside his driveway, setting up quite the
racket. Later we found out from his people, when they came and took away the
backyard pool we loved to hate, that "Barcuss" was actually "Barkess", and
that she had somehow convinced these gullible people that her real name was
"Daisy". (must have been a cute puppy, but why name a BLACK dog Daisy! lol)
When we last saw them it seems the too have started calling her Barkess.
=`D
</end aside>

Damn! "Barkiss is willin'"... Is that from one of your novels, Caro?
*thwaps self with wet kipper*


--
x0tix: "x0tix xtrmly oogh! Eat toy!"
Malveka: "I'm convinced now that they used YOUR genome as a basis for the
norns. 8^)"
..
....and still there after all these years, an historical glimpse of Creatures
nostalgia (most external links broken):
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/agc-toc.htm >
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c1faq.htm >
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c2faq.htm >
September 7, 2005 9:16:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

Carolyn Horn wrote:
> want to put it all up. I could re-create the whole dang thing exactly
> as it was somewhere if people really wanted it...? Would take a while

That would be very neat. If you need hosting for it, I have 8gb of space
free, on a server earmarked for 'random creatures stuff'. :) 

--
fuzzie <fuzzie@gmail.com>
"Reality is just this little memory in the back of my mind."
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 9:58:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

fuzzie <fuzzie@gmail.com> wrote:

>Carolyn Horn wrote:
>> want to put it all up. I could re-create the whole dang thing exactly
>> as it was somewhere if people really wanted it...? Would take a while
>
>That would be very neat. If you need hosting for it, I have 8gb of space
>free, on a server earmarked for 'random creatures stuff'. :) 

Woah, 8gb? Well, I just had a look at my archives and I _think_ that
what I have only needs about 12 mb, I'll check it out and see what
exactly I _do_ have and will give you a holler about it soon via
email, okay?

Cheers!

Carolyn
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 10:02:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

xOtix <also@this.is.invalid> wrote:

>Carolyn Horn <hex-help@hornsc.clara.co.uk> wrote in

>> Hmm? You called?
>
>Aye! Glad to see you are on the ball. ;) )

LOL, yes -- now if only it didn't _bounce_ so!

>> Yup, I've got all that stuff still -- I thought I'd
>> sent it all to Treesprite a couple of years ago, but maybe she didn't
>> want to put it all up. I could re-create the whole dang thing exactly
>> as it was somewhere if people really wanted it...?
>
>Yes, please... The pages show up there it seems but the downloads are gone.

Okay, no problem. I've managed to find the archive again, will dust
it off, have a small fit of nostalgia, and then figure out the best
way of getting it up again :-)

>> Would take a while
>> though, as Real Life is going like the clappers, but "Barkiss is
>> Willin'"
>
>Oh my pore braaaayne!!!11!1!
>
>"Barkiss is Willin'" ??? Where the H is that from. /me needs to reread
>something.

LOL! Dickens, David Copperfield. Barkis was always willing, and I
dun spelled it wrong, sorree.

><aside>
>We dubbed the medium-sized black dog up the road "Barcuss" because he'd
>follow us up and down the road outside his driveway, setting up quite the
>racket. Later we found out from his people, when they came and took away the
>backyard pool we loved to hate, that "Barcuss" was actually "Barkess", and
>that she had somehow convinced these gullible people that her real name was
>"Daisy". (must have been a cute puppy, but why name a BLACK dog Daisy! lol)

*gasp* ROTFL&L&L!!

>When we last saw them it seems the too have started calling her Barkess.
>=`D
></end aside>

*giggle*

>
>Damn! "Barkiss is willin'"... Is that from one of your novels, Caro?
>*thwaps self with wet kipper*

Now now, stop all this kipper-abuse! Poor thing... *runs off,
giggling*

Caro
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 2:33:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

Carolyn Horn <hex-help@hornsc.clara.co.uk> wrote in
news:b4auh1956mt5vrddj584mh0dsr9ehhtjfa@4ax.com:

> xOtix <also@this.is.invalid> wrote:
>
>>Carolyn Horn <hex-help@hornsc.clara.co.uk> wrote in
>
>>> Hmm? You called?
>>
>>Aye! Glad to see you are on the ball. ;) )
>
> LOL, yes -- now if only it didn't _bounce_ so!

*giggles*

>>> Yup, I've got all that stuff still -- I thought I'd
>>> sent it all to Treesprite a couple of years ago, but maybe she didn't
>>> want to put it all up. I could re-create the whole dang thing exactly
>>> as it was somewhere if people really wanted it...?
>>
>>Yes, please... The pages show up there it seems but the downloads are
gone.
>
> Okay, no problem. I've managed to find the archive again, will dust
> it off, have a small fit of nostalgia, and then figure out the best
> way of getting it up again :-)

Hoooooo - Raaaayyy!!!1!!11!

>>> Would take a while
>>> though, as Real Life is going like the clappers, but "Barkiss is
>>> Willin'"
>>
>>Oh my pore braaaayne!!!11!1!
>>
>>"Barkiss is Willin'" ??? Where the H is that from. /me needs to reread
>>something.
>
> LOL! Dickens, David Copperfield. Barkis was always willing, and I
> dun spelled it wrong, sorree.

Oh, duh-me!

lol

>><aside>
>>We dubbed the medium-sized black dog up the road "Barcuss" because he'd
>>follow us up and down the road outside his driveway, setting up quite the
>>racket. Later we found out from his people, when they came and took away
the
>>backyard pool we loved to hate, that "Barcuss" was actually "Barkess", and
>>that she had somehow convinced these gullible people that her real name
was
>>"Daisy". (must have been a cute puppy, but why name a BLACK dog Daisy!
lol)
>
> *gasp* ROTFL&L&L!!

Heh. I htought it was pretty funny too. =D

>>When we last saw them it seems the too have started calling her Barkess.
>>=`D
>></end aside>
>
> *giggle*
>
>>
>>Damn! "Barkiss is willin'"... Is that from one of your novels, Caro?
>>*thwaps self with wet kipper*
>
> Now now, stop all this kipper-abuse! Poor thing... *runs off,
> giggling*

0.0

Its a *dead* kipper
(well, ALmost)
*grin*



--
x0tix: "x0tix xtrmly oogh! Eat toy!"
Malveka: "I'm convinced now that they used YOUR genome as a basis for the
norns. 8^)"
..
....and still there after all these years, an historical glimpse of Creatures
nostalgia (most external links broken):
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/agc-toc.htm >
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c1faq.htm >
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c2faq.htm >
Anonymous
September 9, 2005 2:33:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

fuzzie <fuzzie@gmail.com> wrote in news:431f125e$0$25428$db0fefd9
@news.zen.co.uk:

> Carolyn Horn wrote:
>> want to put it all up. I could re-create the whole dang thing exactly
>> as it was somewhere if people really wanted it...? Would take a while
>
> That would be very neat. If you need hosting for it, I have 8gb of space
> free, on a server earmarked for 'random creatures stuff'. :) 
>

Wheeeeeeee!!! =`D

--
x0tix: "x0tix xtrmly oogh! Eat toy!"
Malveka: "I'm convinced now that they used YOUR genome as a basis for the
norns. 8^)"
..
....and still there after all these years, an historical glimpse of Creatures
nostalgia (most external links broken):
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/agc-toc.htm >
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c1faq.htm >
< http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c2faq.htm >
!