Over-The-Head Bluetooth Headset: Exists?

Tags:
  • Cingular
  • Headsets
  • Bluetooth
  • Internet Service Providers
Last response: in Network Providers
November 15, 2004 10:22:47 PM

I'm trying to find a QUALITY over-the-head w/long boom
form factor Bluetooth headset to use with my Nokia 6230.
I don't understand the current mania for tiny little
earsets that don't fit all ears, that fall off, and who's mics
are so far from the mouth that sound quality suffers,
especially in a windy city like San Francisco (where I live).

I'd use a good wired headset, except that there are almost
no non-earbud-style headsets for the Nokia pop-port, either.

It seems like the "coolness factor" is overriding the
"practicality and sound quality" factor in Bluetooth headsets
lately.

Does anyone know of any company that makes what I'm looking
for? There's one by Logitec that's kind of clunky, but that's
all I've found.

- Tim

--

More about : head bluetooth headset exists

Anonymous
November 16, 2004 12:09:40 AM

FWIW, I've found the over-the-ear style Sony Ericsson HBH-30 (available on
eBay) to be as good as, and at least as comfortable as, wired headsets. The
boom is long enough for very good sound quality and noise canceling. I've
even used it successfully when sailboat racing on San Francisco Bay (even
windier than The City:) .