Cannot install printer. The print processor does not exist.

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Windows XP SP1

I get this when trying to install an IP Printer while logged in as
Administrator. I can find the error on Microsoft's Knowledge Base
pertaining to Windows 2000 and a hotfix to fix it, but there's nothing
about it on XP.

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Frank wrote:

> Windows XP SP1
>
> I get this when trying to install an IP Printer while logged in as
> Administrator. I can find the error on Microsoft's Knowledge Base
> pertaining to Windows 2000 and a hotfix to fix it, but there's nothing
> about it on XP.

Do yourself a favor and install xp sp2. That should fix any print problems.
Frank

*OOPS SEE DUPSEE*

Frank wrote:

> Frank wrote:
>
>> Windows XP SP1
>>
>> I get this when trying to install an IP Printer while logged in as
>> Administrator. I can find the error on Microsoft's Knowledge Base
>> pertaining to Windows 2000 and a hotfix to fix it, but there's nothing
>> about it on XP.
>>
> Do yourself a favor and install xp sp2. That should fix any print
> problems.
> Frank

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Frank wrote:
> Frank wrote:
>
> > Windows XP SP1
> >
> > I get this when trying to install an IP Printer while logged in as
> > Administrator. I can find the error on Microsoft's Knowledge Base
> > pertaining to Windows 2000 and a hotfix to fix it, but there's nothing
> > about it on XP.
> >
> Do yourself a favor and install xp sp2. That should fix any print problems.
> Frank

We've got a few hundred of these SP1 machines running, and none have
the same printer install problem. Weird!! I suspect the user tried to
install the printer himself, but he's not admitting it. If that's
true, though, he might have fouled it up. Our machines come imaged, so
if it comes down to it I'll just start from scratch.

Thanks for the input.

'nuther Frank

Frank wrote:

>Frank wrote:
>

>>Frank wrote:
>>

>>>Windows XP SP1
>>>
>>>I get this when trying to install an IP Printer while logged in as
>>>Administrator. I can find the error on Microsoft's Knowledge Base
>>>pertaining to Windows 2000 and a hotfix to fix it, but there's nothing
>>>about it on XP.
>>>

>>Do yourself a favor and install xp sp2. That should fix any print problems.
>>Frank
>>

>We've got a few hundred of these SP1 machines running, and none have
>the same printer install problem. Weird!! I suspect the user tried to
>install the printer himself, but he's not admitting it. If that's
>true, though, he might have fouled it up. Our machines come imaged, so
>if it comes down to it I'll just start from scratch.
>
>Thanks for the input.
>
>'nuther Frank

U MEAN U ARE NOT FRANKIE CRANKIE

TRENDING THREADS