Replacing Epson cartridge before its run out of ink.

I need to fit a cleaning cartridge in my Epson 880 printer, but cannot
move the existing ink cartridges to the cartridge change position. It
seems this cannot happen until the "empty cartridge light" comes on. Is
there a way of overiding this?

AL
4 answers Last reply
More about replacing epson cartridge

    If you hold down the ink button until you hear it start to move it will move
    to the center and allow you to change the cartridge.

    This is from the Epson website.

    Q: How do I replace an ink cartridge before the Status Monitor 3
    window message says it's out, such as with an outdated Ink Cartridge?
    A: 1. Make sure the printer is plugged in but not printing.

    2. Click "Start", point to "Settings", then select Printers.

    3. Right click the "EPSON Stylus COLOR 880" icon and click
    "Properties" from the menu that appears.

    4. Click the "Utility" tab, then click the "Ink Cartridge Replacement"
    button.

    5. Follow the instructions on the screen to replace the ink cartridge.

    6. Wait several minutes until the printer has completed charging the
    ink before resuming printing.

    <spamremover@wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    >I need to fit a cleaning cartridge in my Epson 880 printer, but cannot
    >move the existing ink cartridges to the cartridge change position. It
    >seems this cannot happen until the "empty cartridge light" comes on. Is
    >there a way of overiding this?
    >
    > AL

    Look underneath the tray that holds the ink carts and you should see a small
    plastic pin which stops the tray being pushed into the parking position.
    Gently push this pin to one side using a cocktail stick or tooth pick and
    you should then be able to pull the tray into the parking position.

    BTW you can do this with the printer switched off

    Scratch my back to reply via email

    Regards oB2u

    <spamremover@wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    >I need to fit a cleaning cartridge in my Epson 880 printer, but cannot
    >move the existing ink cartridges to the cartridge change position. It
    >seems this cannot happen until the "empty cartridge light" comes on. Is
    >there a way of overiding this?
    >
    > AL

    Hold the paper infeed button on the 880 for about 5 seconds. Change your
    cartridge and push the paper infeed button again. At that point you can also
    push the color.black ink button to get the same effect of moving the head
    back to the right and do a head clean as well.

    --
    Jan Alter
    bearpuf@verizon.net
    "ob2u" <ob2u2003myback@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Look underneath the tray that holds the ink carts and you should see a
    > small plastic pin which stops the tray being pushed into the parking
    > position. Gently push this pin to one side using a cocktail stick or tooth
    > pick and you should then be able to pull the tray into the parking
    > position.
    >
    > BTW you can do this with the printer switched off
    >
    > Scratch my back to reply via email
    >
    > Regards oB2u
    >
    > <spamremover@wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>I need to fit a cleaning cartridge in my Epson 880 printer, but cannot
    >>move the existing ink cartridges to the cartridge change position. It
    >>seems this cannot happen until the "empty cartridge light" comes on. Is
    >>there a way of overiding this?
    >>
    >> AL

    Yes. It is usually mentioned in the instruction manual under "replacing
    an outdated ink cartridge" (in this case, page 26)...

    Press the load/eject button and hold for about 3 seconds until the print
    head moves left and the power light begins flashing. Pull up the
    cartridge clamp, lift cartridge out of printer and dispose. Install new
    cartridge. Press down on ink clamp. Press load/eject again and close
    printer cover.

    Art

    spamremover@wanadoo.co.uk wrote:

    > I need to fit a cleaning cartridge in my Epson 880 printer, but cannot
    > move the existing ink cartridges to the cartridge change position. It
    > seems this cannot happen until the "empty cartridge light" comes on.
    > Is there a way of overiding this?
    >
    > AL

Printers Epson Peripherals