Gates, Ellison, Bezos, Zuckerberg Got Richer in 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

burmese_dude

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
I demand that they add me to this list.

My bank account grew whopping $135.15 compared to the year before.

This is injustice of all proportions.

pervbear

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]I wonder how Bill Gates fortune is growing if he is a philanthropist? If that actually makes you money I want in!!![/citation]

From another article I had read about Gates its his investments that keep bringing in the money. And him every so often pawning off some Microsoft stock he still owns.

burmese_dude

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]I wonder how Bill Gates fortune is growing if he is a philanthropist? If that actually makes you money I want in!!![/citation]

He invests in a company/team of lawyers that sues everyone on behalf of Apple.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]robochump[/nom]I wonder how Bill Gates fortune is growing if he is a philanthropist? If that actually makes you money I want in!!![/citation]Charity organizations only have to give away 5% of their net worth per year to be considered a charitable foundation in the USA. Thus, if you can grow the foundation by 10% per year, you're still basically growing even after giving away 5%. That's not to say he isn't doing great work with the foundation, just that it can also be profitable.

As someone else stated, a diverse investment portfolio helps as well.

Gates would probably be worth double what he is today if he didn't give anything away.

descalada

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2007
[citation][nom]burmese_dude[/nom]I demand that they add me to this list. My bank account grew whopping $135.15 compared to the year before. [/citation]

You are on the list, you're just number 1,500,000,000.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
i wish i had so much money, my money reproduced, and made even more money...

Status
Not open for further replies.