best Fx driver...?

hardcodder

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
What is the best driver for a Geforce FX 5600 128mb?

Maybe it's more than one driver that i should know about: Besides some older dx9 releases, i would also like to play older games (dx7 & dx8).

It is in a dual boot system (Win98se/winXP Pro).

Any help will be greatly appreiated! :D

306maxi

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
What is the best driver for a Geforce FX 5600 128mb?

Maybe it's more than one driver that i should know about: Besides some older dx9 releases, i would also like to play older games (dx7 & dx8).

It is in a dual boot system (Win98se/winXP Pro).

Any help will be greatly appreiated! :D

www.nvidia.com

hardcodder

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006
The latest drivers will still run the FX series. Also DX9 is backwards compatible with DX7 and DX8. If you look at the system requierments for your games it will say it need DX8 or above.

Yes, but my point is this: there are several drivers that are much better (performance wise) with older (dx7 & dx8) games. I'm not looking for just compatibility, i'm looking for best performance.

Let me give you an example:
the 44.03 is considered the best (speed-wise) driver for the 4ti series. It is much better than the newest ones.

So, does anyone know?

306maxi

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2006
The latest drivers will still run the FX series. Also DX9 is backwards compatible with DX7 and DX8. If you look at the system requierments for your games it will say it need DX8 or above.

Yes, but my point is this: there are several drivers that are much better (performance wise) with older (dx7 & dx8) games. I'm not looking for just compatibility, i'm looking for best performance.

the 44.03 is considered the best (speed-wise) driver for the 4ti series. It is much better than the newest ones.

So, does anyone know?

Do you know?

Who cares. Any difference is going to be negligable at best. Just install any driver and stfu.

hardcodder

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2006

So, does anyone know?

Do you know?

Who cares. Any difference is going to be negligable at best. Just install any driver and stfu.

Man, let's just shoot anyone else that knows or does something different than us, is that it? :twisted: What is it that bothers you? Is it your lack of knowledge on the matter, that you feel you need to substitute with spit, or is it your lack of manners? You sure make it look so! :trophy: Or maybe it's your lack of social skills: even if you know the answer, you seem to pass it in a very primitive way. Then again, it might not be your fault, so i should not be harsh to you; it's just the way you were brought up i assume. So, let me tell you this: I'm sure you don't want to waste your time with the worthless scum like some of us that surround you. I know of several groups that look for people like you. You can hear about them almost every day on the news. I'm sure that is the proper surroundings for you. Maybe you don't understand my language. Maybe. Maybe i need to talk your language, if that would help you more... In that case, please gtfu in peace, and go join them.

mpilch, the Nvidia drivers do show massive differences in capability as you get to newer drivers, for instance I had good frames and good image quality on my 6600GT with 84.21, went to latest (92.xx) with the new interface and image quality dropped, and frames went up and progressively changed during play. Went back to 84.21 and all was well again.

So the latest drivers are not always 'the best' or in some cases even adequate.

angry_ducky

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
Define "best". Best performance? Best features? I'd just go with the latest WHQL drivers from nVidia.

That's interesting. Where did you find that?