bad psu?

Jhill1

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2006
ive been getting lockups, and ive troubleshooted everything that i can think of but nothing is working so far. i just took into cosideration that it could be the psu maybe? in bios the voltages are over what its supposed by a good amount, and in the windows environment their all under what its supposed to be. what one is more relaible? ill post screenies when i get home from school.

thanks

shadowduck

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
ive been getting lockups, and ive troubleshooted everything that i can think of but nothing is working so far. i just took into cosideration that it could be the psu maybe? in bios everything is over what its supposed by a good amount, and in the windows environment its all under what its supposed to be. what one is more relaible? ill post screenies when i get home from school.

thanks

way way more information! like a complete system parts list... especially the brand/wattage of your psu..

To everyone: please do not make vague posts such as this one, and then ask for help. Its very hard to help you while 90% blind.

Dahak

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
more info please.like full machine specs and wattage of psu.these are necessary tidbits of info we need in order to help you with your problem.

Dahak

EVGA NF4 SLI MB
X2 4400+@2.4 S-939
2 7800GT'S IN SLI MODE
2X1GIG DDR400 MEMORY IN DC MODE
WD300GIG HD
520WATT PSU
EXTREME 19IN.MONITOR

Jhill1

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2006
asus m2n sli deluxe
amd athlon x2 3800+
antec truepower 550w
corsair xms2 ddr2 675
radeon x1900xt

actually, i found that the readings in speed fan say its under, and that the readings in asus pc probe there over?

voltages.jpg

TSabrhgn

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2006
Does the unit lock up during all types of use, or is it only during heavy load? Also, have you updated Bios/drivers?

Jhill1

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2006
it locks up after heavy load, especially when i boot it up, becaus of all the bull sh!t startup programs that come on. but the weird thing also is that it locks up after i exit programs sometimes... just those 2 situations it locks up never anywhere else. im gonna run memtest tonite... so ill be able to see if its the memory

TSabrhgn

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2006
Sounds like bad ram to me, if memtest comes up clean and you are overclocking, go back to factory specs. Also, you could always do a burn in test, might be able to give you more info if memtest comes clean.