Fonts in NFS Underground not displaying correctly

I just installed NFS Underground, only to find that the fonts on the Main
Menu (after the initial videos finish playing) are completely illegible. All
that I can see is boxes where the text should be. Is there any way to fix
this... hopefully without re-installing? *crosses fingers*
6 answers Last reply
More about fonts underground displaying correctly
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    > I just installed NFS Underground, only to find that the fonts on the Main
    > Menu (after the initial videos finish playing) are completely illegible. All
    > that I can see is boxes where the text should be. Is there any way to fix
    > this... hopefully without re-installing? *crosses fingers*

    Turn up ansiotrophic settings on your video card driver.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    "Jeff Reid" <noone@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > > I just installed NFS Underground, only to find that the fonts on the
    Main
    > > Menu (after the initial videos finish playing) are completely illegible.
    All
    > > that I can see is boxes where the text should be. Is there any way to
    fix
    > > this... hopefully without re-installing? *crosses fingers*
    >
    > Turn up ansiotrophic settings on your video card driver.
    >

    > That's a big word! ;)

    I just assumed that a required font(s) were not installed. Why would the
    Anisotropic settings have anything to do with it? *me scratches head*

    Either way, I'm looking up that big word you just said in case that's the
    solution :)
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    > I just assumed that a required font(s) were not installed. Why would the
    > Anisotropic settings have anything to do with it? *me scratches head*

    Because the text is implemented with some 3d aspects affected by the
    ansiotropic filtering.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    > I just installed NFS Underground, only to find that the fonts on the Main
    > Menu (after the initial videos finish playing) are completely illegible.
    All
    > that I can see is boxes where the text should be. Is there any way to fix
    > this... hopefully without re-installing? *crosses fingers*

    What graphics card do you have? I had all sorts of problems on an old
    Geforce card that only had 32Mb od RAM on board. Once swapped to a 64Mb card
    it was all OK.

    Adam S
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    > What graphics card do you have? I had all sorts of problems on an old
    > Geforce card that only had 32Mb od RAM on board. Once swapped to a 64Mb
    card
    > it was all OK.
    >
    > Adam S
    >
    > Yeah, mine's only 32MB :(

    I think it's time for an upgrade... or an entirely new computer.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.need-for-speed (More info?)

    "Scu" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > > What graphics card do you have? I had all sorts of problems on an old
    > > Geforce card that only had 32Mb od RAM on board. Once swapped to a 64Mb
    > card
    > > it was all OK.
    > >
    > > Adam S
    > >
    > > Yeah, mine's only 32MB :(
    >
    > I think it's time for an upgrade... or an entirely new computer.

    There should be a 'ReadMe.txt' file in the support folder of where the game
    is installed on your PC, this give lots of info on graphic cards and known
    problems.

    I have NFSU running quite happly on an AMD 1300MHz Duron, with 512MB ram and
    an old Sparkle Geforce 3 Ti200 64Mb graphics card, most of the graphic
    options are there (except crowds) and that card is only DirectX8, so you may
    not need to get a completly new PC, but is is a good excuse :-)

    Adam S

NFS Games Video Video Games