New Display Tech May Debut in Next iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
I think they ether just got a better deal on the new screen over the older ones or they were going to stop making the older ones down the line.

What does it matter anyway? Apple is still going to charge you an arm and a leg to get one. Well, maybe a kidney or 2 instead...

halcyon

Splendid
I'm caring less and less about iOS devices every day. I feel sorry for my wife and daughter that they still think their iPhones are great. Silly. A new tiny display is still a tiny display.

darkavenger123

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
Yawn...another boring iFool(tm) story....A phone whose UI haven't change for 5 years and each new version more "meh" than the last....who the farking care....

CrArC

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]I'm caring less and less about iOS devices every day. I feel sorry for my wife and daughter that they still think their iPhones are great. Silly. A new tiny display is still a tiny display.[/citation]I never understand this. If they like it, so what? Let them. By all means show them why you think another device would be better (I do - most of my family and friends have moved to various Android devices now) but if they're happy as they are, then the device is doing its job, thus what's the big deal?

halcyon

Splendid
^ There's no big deal at all. I don't berate them for their choices. My wife feels my S3 and Note 2 are monstrosities. My daughter looks at my S3 with envy (her friends now have them). I understand that Android is for the tinkerer ...and not everybody is one.

InvalidError

Titan
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]I understand that Android is for the tinkerer ...and not everybody is one.[/citation]
I wouldn't quite go that far since tons of non-tinkerers are using smartphones and tablets/readers running Android... but Android does have a number of rough edges and many of those are indeed characteristic "function over form" that plague much stuff designed by geeks, engineers and scientists who are often unknowingly/accidentally imposing their vision of things rather than think about how end-users want to use 'em.

A personal pet peeve against many/most mobile devices is how they are attempting to abstract the file system away, thereby making many trivial file management tasks unexpectedly tedious (if not impossible) without 3rd-party file managers.

nuvon

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
if you don't care about iProducts, can you not read any articles involve iProducts then, let alone posting comments like "I don't care"? Do you think iUsers care what you think?

Steelwing

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
Stop focusing on displays that reduce thickness a tiny amount, and give me a display that's easily readable in sunlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.