What? When the @#$ did (sigh) VisionTek :) release this???

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
An old interface, but a new card...this stirs things up a little. When/how long has this been around, how come when I've asked forums everywhere nobody has even mentioned this? The "latest" legacy PCI bus graphics card from ATI was the Radeon 9250 I thought, so WTF is this:
http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=190883&Category_Code=VC-PCI

This doesn't mean squat for most of us here at THG, but for users who for one reason or another feel that they MUST use a plain-jane PCI video card, this is quite impressive.

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
I believe it was out for a while now.

Strange that everyone I asked 6 months ago (asked in this forum, too---somewhere) said that the best pci cards were the GeForce 6200 (if you could manage to find one) and the Radeon 9250. So, was it after that?

melarcky

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
I can't remeber which site I saw that card was reviewed on, but it was earlier this week.
yes i remember that too some guy wanted a the best PCI video card and everyone was like get a gf 7600gt.... and it was funny cus they thought it was for PCI-E. all and i all i remember it too

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
Visiontek is not "ATI" they can acquire the chips and do what they want with them. Therefore this is not an "ATI" release.

:lol: Heh, you know what I meant :) Just the same as NVIDIA never released a 6200 with the PCI bus in mind, either. I suppose it is an important difference, though, so let me edit my title...

(EDIT) Title changed... :mrgreen: