How do I make the Security tab visible?

How do I make the Security tab visible on file properties window (when I
right click on a file or folder in windows explorer)?

Jacobus Terhorst
3 answers Last reply
More about make security visible

    <a> wrote in message news:eLXsBSpyEHA.824@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
    > How do I make the Security tab visible on file properties window (when I
    > right click on a file or folder in windows explorer)?
    >
    > Jacobus Terhorst

    Start>control panel>folder options > view then look for a listing
    that says simple file sharing. Uncheck it.

    gls858

    XP PRO: In Windows Explorer, go to Tools, Folder Options, View and uncheck Use Simple File Sharing. Now, when you right click on a drive, folder or file (on an NTFS partition) and select Properties, you'll see a Security tab. Here you can assign or deny permissions based on user name or user group membership.

    XP Home: By default, you can only make files and folders under My Documents "private". This is done by right clicking a folder or file and selecting Properties, Sharing. To change the permissions on other folders, you need to boot the computer to Safe Mode and log in on the built in Administrator account. In this mode, you'll see the Security tab in Properties, and you can assign permissions based on user name or group membership.

    HOW TO: Set, View, Change, or Remove File and Folder Permissions in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308418

    HOW TO: Set, View, Change, or Remove Special Permissions for Files and Folders
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;308419

    HOW TO: Disable Simplified Sharing and Password-Protect a Shared Folder in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;307874

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    <a> wrote in message news:eLXsBSpyEHA.824@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
    > How do I make the Security tab visible on file properties window (when I
    > right click on a file or folder in windows explorer)?
    >
    > Jacobus Terhorst

    Have the files on a NTFS drive.

    http://www.uscricket.com
    <a> wrote in message news:eLXsBSpyEHA.824@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
    > How do I make the Security tab visible on file properties window (when I
    > right click on a file or folder in windows explorer)?
    >
    > Jacobus Terhorst

Windows Explorer Security Microsoft Windows XP