How do I make the Security tab visible?

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

How do I make the Security tab visible on file properties window (when I
right click on a file or folder in windows explorer)?

Jacobus Terhorst

<a> wrote in message news:eLXsBSpyEHA.824@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> How do I make the Security tab visible on file properties window (when I
> right click on a file or folder in windows explorer)?
>
> Jacobus Terhorst

Start>control panel>folder options > view then look for a listing
that says simple file sharing. Uncheck it.

gls858

XP PRO: In Windows Explorer, go to Tools, Folder Options, View and uncheck Use Simple File Sharing. Now, when you right click on a drive, folder or file (on an NTFS partition) and select Properties, you'll see a Security tab. Here you can assign or deny permissions based on user name or user group membership.

XP Home: By default, you can only make files and folders under My Documents "private". This is done by right clicking a folder or file and selecting Properties, Sharing. To change the permissions on other folders, you need to boot the computer to Safe Mode and log in on the built in Administrator account. In this mode, you'll see the Security tab in Properties, and you can assign permissions based on user name or group membership.

HOW TO: Set, View, Change, or Remove File and Folder Permissions in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308418

HOW TO: Set, View, Change, or Remove Special Permissions for Files and Folders
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;308419

HOW TO: Disable Simplified Sharing and Password-Protect a Shared Folder in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;307874

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

<a> wrote in message news:eLXsBSpyEHA.824@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> How do I make the Security tab visible on file properties window (when I
> right click on a file or folder in windows explorer)?
>
> Jacobus Terhorst

Have the files on a NTFS drive.

http://www.uscricket.com