Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Ray

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
ppm - Pages per minute
ipm - Images per minute
dpi - Dots per inch

I had to look up all the abbreviations since I'm not familiar with scanners. Putting this up in case anyone else needs.

[citation][nom]bison88[/nom]Isn't 200dpi pretty low res for a printer these days? Its been awhile, but still pretty impressive at least for text.[/citation]

That's not the maximum resolution, just the resolution at which the scanner will obtain its maximum scan speed.

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
looking at those spec's and the MSRP's, the only point for these scanners is for OCR. There is no way I would use these for archiving ancient family photo's cause they are junk. I will stick with my M-750 Pro.

altoidman85

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2009
[citation][nom]jn77[/nom]looking at those spec's and the MSRP's, the only point for these scanners is for OCR. There is no way I would use these for archiving ancient family photo's cause they are junk. I will stick with my M-750 Pro.[/citation]

These scanners are not meant to be used to scan family photos. There is a HUGE demand for scanners like these and the fujitsu 6000 series scanners in the medical field where all doctors offices have to goto EMR now. Now they have to take years of archived paper charts and scan them into their systems. Most offices I deal with are planning on scanning 20,000 pages minimum. The problem is very few of even these mid to high end document scanners can reach reasonable image quality at the "advertised" page per minute speeds. It would be nice to see a review with image qualities demonstrated comparing scanners like these for the medical field so that small tech companies like myself can be more helpful to them in recommending scanners. A small difference in scan quality and speed makes a huge difference in what the scanner is worth because of the hours that will be spend using it to scan in all the old patient charts.

grimworld

Honorable
Aug 3, 2012
Quality is not always required, only that the scans are readable. Many companies scan invoices and other forms to store and use later but do not require them to be 100% copy, only readable. This reduces filesize tremendously and thus saves the company alot of disk space on their servers.

Blaire Nadal

Honorable
May 8, 2013
The spec for this Xerox scanner seems to lack for my needs. I need high resolution scanners and this isn't one of those. Maybe this would do good for those who are looking for the main use of the word "scan."

Status
Not open for further replies.