NFS Underground: Demo not starting

Tim

A while ago numerous posts regarding problems getting the demo to run
appeared on this newsgroup. I can't find any replies that actually seem to
fix the problem, though.

The demo installed fine but when I run it the screen goes black and the HDD
goes for a few seconds before returning to the desktop again.

My system:

WinXP Pro SP1
P4 2.5
1GB RAM
GF4 Ti4200 128MB
SB Audigy sound card
I've tried Detonator drivers 45.23, 56.64 and the latest 61.76 using DirectX
9.0b

Does anybody know if the full game still has this problem or if the released
patch fixes it (patch won't install on demo).

- Tim

Tim

Well - changing the Regional & Language settings of Windows XP to English
did the trick - tat sux a bit and I hope the full version does not have this
requirement.